Cut off early

The phone cord was wrapped around me when Ivy walked into the kitchen, she raised a ginger eye brow. "Harls, is there something I could help you with?"
I laughed, "I'd love a hand," Ivy spun me around and brushed some flour off my cheek, she'd be a good mother.
"So," Ivy took the phone from me and hung it up, "is Pam coming over to get Lucy?" She was still in her silk, green night gown.
Nodding, I turned back to the cake mix and added another egg. Ive never made a cake from scratch so this was crazy. "She'll be here in a couple hours, I'm trying to finish LucLuc's cake before she wakes up." I turned the hand blender back on.
"Better hurry," Ivy grabbed the grapes out of the fridge and went outside to sit on the back porch.
Aunt Selena and aunt Ivy have been in town for Lucy's birthday week, by request of Lucy. Who called them almost every week for the last five weeks, and who is incredible excited to be turning three today. I was the one who couldn't believe my little girl was turning three already. It was just the other day that she said her first word, 'mama', and ate her first real food, a grilled cheese, and her first tricycle and leather jacket that she'll be getting this year for her birthday.
I looked at the clock, 8:30 a.m., good I'm on schedule. After throwing the hand blender in the sink, and wiping a tear from my eye, I poured the cake mix in two separate pans, and put them in the oven.
"Mama," Turning around, I saw Lucy in Selena's arms, both of their hair a mess. Lucy got a toddler bed as an early gift from aunt Selena and aunt Ivy, and tonight was aunt Selena's turn to sleep with her in it.
"Hey there little one," I bounced over towards them and planted kisses all over her checks. "Happy birthday!"
"It's my birthday," Lucy pushed her blonde hair out of her face and flashed me a smile. "Birthday cake?"
Selena and I laughed. "Not until the party baby," Selena set her down at the kitchen table in her purple booster seat.
Lucy stuck her bottom lip out, "What are we eating now? Where aunt Ivy?"
I pulled down pancake mix and grabbed some milk. "She eating grapes outside, why don't you go get her?" She ran outside as Selena helped me make pancakes with a fruit salad, Lucy's favorites. Strawberries and black berries. Red and black, just like her mama.
The four of us ate all the pancakes and fruit salad, Lucy told us about how blackberries are moon drops, and I told her that she had a play date with Ms. Pam and her two kids.
Lucy was excited for her birthday play outfit that we all bought her, the girls and I didn't tell her about her special birthday outfit though. A rose shirt with a jean skirt and kitty socks, you can guess who bought her the outfit.
Pam arrived at 10:00 a.m. which was right on time, Charlie and Janet were excited to spend the morning with her, and decided to tell me what they got her for her birthday. A glow in the dark paint set with canvas paper.
"So," Pam watched the kids run around, they were pretending to be knights. "We'll have her back by 1, like we discussed." We laughed, Lucy's party was a surprise party, we tricked her into thinking that her party was a trip with Pam into the heart of London. Which was still cool.
"Hey, when is the next roller derby match? There's only been like five in the last month, we usually book eleven or twelve derbies." Pam was buckling the kids into the car, then turn towards me with a melancholy smile.
"There won't be anymore this month, no one has booked anymore games with us." She shrugged while getting into the car. "You, Ali, me, are a pretty scary team I guess. If we added two more girls then we might be able to pack another bid or two?"
They left, on schedule.

"Harley," Cat was whining, "Why do I have to blow up all the balloons?" She was sitting on the backyard porch at the table, surrounded by rainbow colored balloons.
"The same reason I'm in charge of tying them into a stupid rainbow." Ivy replied, she was sitting on the railing of the porch.
I laughed from the yard, attempting to put a small pool up. "Because Cat is good with her mouth and Ivy is good with her hands,"
"You wouldn't know that," Ivy winked at me while tying two red balloons together.
"So what exactly is this theme? We have balloons, a pool,-"
"An everything party!" I cut Cat off as I fastened the last bolt of the pool and throw the liner in. "Dr. Harleen Quinzel, psychiatric therapist and doctor, also pool technician." Heading up to the porch I saw that half of the rainbow was down.
The girls looked confused, "All of Lucy's favorite things. Rainbows, her favorite foods, everything!" And then we started.
The front door had a three made of balloons on it, through the living room and dining room was a path of confetti, balloons, and streamers that was to the back door. The backyard was outstanding.
Ivy and Cat's balloon rainbow was perfect, it had ever color in it and cute little clouds. It was to the left of the food table, hanging from the trees with the pool under it, which just so happened to be filled with balls. To the right of the pool were blankets laid out across the grass, a finger paint station was set up, which included glitter. Of course.
The porch was lined with balloons and has three vases with three different flowers in them, and a small sigh that said, 'Be young, wild, and three!'
Over the food table was a banner that said, 'Wild, Young & Three! Happy 3rd Birthday Lucy May!' In a rainbow of colors. The table had all of Lucy's favorite food; triangle cut pita bread with bean dip, fruit salad, avocado and tomato spread across bread, Mac and cheese, chicken tenders (homemade to be exact), and beef, cheese, lettuce and salsa mini wraps. Of course her desserts were hidden inside for after the food was devoured. Which just so happened to be the birthday cake that I made her, chocolate and strawberry ice cream, and fruit tarts.
The table cloth was bright orange, the bowls and trays were blue, green, and yellow, and the decorations were rainbow. There were rainbow unicorns hanging around, tons of confetti everywhere, it was biodegradable thanks to Ivy. Glitter everywhere! Streamers connected all the trees and the house, outlining the party area. Glitter Lanterns hung around also, giving the whole party scene a sparkle feel.
Around the yard was littered with holla hops, left over balloons, water guns filled, and little souvenirs. In front of the food table I put up some tables in a row, decorating them with the same decorations as the food table, but added balloons, confetti and glitter, and every kid had their signature place setting. Lucy's being the most fabulous, she had a birthday crown and everyone else had regular birthday hats.
The party guest arrived at 12:30, on time and took their hiding spots, Lucy came home at 1. She fell asleep on the ride home, I was able to change her into her birthday tutu and tickle her awake.
Long story short, the party was a hit. Everyone had a good time, Lucy loved the rainbow everything, and everyone digged the finger paint station. She was mostly excited about all her favorite foods and the ball pit, which was my favorite part of the party. The dinning area worked out surprisingly well for a bunch of three year olds, give or take a couple of kids, and the cake and ice cream was gone in seconds.
Lucy said thank you to everyone who brought presents, including a hug, and was excited about her new tricycles and leather jacket. It was tough competition though; there were glow in the dark paint sets, Monster high and Ever After high dolls, Legos, and clothes. Okay that last one wasn't part of the competition. Either way, she was happy.
And I got over three hundred photos of her and all her friends.

Birthday girls bedroom hasn't really changed since we designed it years ago. The new toddler bed she got was white, so it matched the furniture already in there, and her changing table was replaced with a toy chest. We got rid of the rocking chair and replaced it with two bean bag chairs. The baby picture were replaced with pictures of her with her friends and her with family. And a small shelf was added to hold all her art supplies and some of her clay sculptures.
I was sitting in the edge of her bed, "Mama," Lucy was dressing herself in her new pajamas. "You sleep here?"
She jumped on her bed, that had the same pillows as the ones on her crib but a stripped bed spread now. "Yes my little blood orange," I pulled her into my lap. "I've got to finished some work before I can come to bed though. Okay?"
Lucy gave me a blank stare, she does this when things don't go her way, it worries me. I have daily reminders of what she could turn into, her father, or what I use to be. I don't want that for my little girl, that's why when she turned one I decided to take my medicine everyday, I will not risk it. She deserves the best life possible, she deserves to grow up normally and find her happiness, she deserves playing sports in school and having friends, she deserve to get married and give me some grand babies. She deserves better.
"Mama, promise to hurry?" Lucy pulled on my sleeve, I smiled down at her.
"Of course," I braided her hair and laid her down in bed. "Sweet dreams, I love you." Her bright green eyes tinkled as she tried not to close them.
"I love you too mama.." She whispered.

Ivy and Cat were sitting on the two arm chairs in the sunroom while I sat at my desk, finishing up one last document. They were going through the pictures of the party and drinking some wine. It was so nice to have them around, especially because they're my besties.
"Harley," Ivy laughed. "You need to finish up that paper and come look at these pictures of Luc stuffing her face."
"Like mother like daughter," Cat laughed sipping some wine and winking at me.
I rolled my eyes, took a sip of wine and hit save; the document was done. We talked for a bit, joking about old things, and gossiping about what's been happening in Gotham. Including all the other villains.
Before I moved to sit with them, my computer dinged, looking back at it I saw that it was an email. I wonder who would be emailing me at this time?
I clicked on it, it was another news article from Gotham. Ha, speak of the devil and they shall appear. Sipping on some wine I began reading the article.
The title was 'Doctor's Visit Cut Short' . Scrolling through the article I became interested; Doctor Patrica Mattson unexpectedly murdered by patient, formally known as the Joker. The Clown Prince of Crime chooses murder over love. The police report stated that the victim was cut up in various ways, leading towards her painful death, bleeding out. There is no word on the Joker's punishment or if there will be one, however the Clown Prince did give us a statement saying, ' I'll only have one love and I'd kill to have that back'. Turn to page three for the full, detailed story.
I took a long sip of wine but couldn't hold back my smile.

(I thought the readers would like pictures for chapters every once in a while, so I added some in pervious chapters. I also went through the pervious chapters and corrected some grammatical mistakes, including adding more details. Look through and let me know what you all think! Also if there is anything you'd like to see happen with Harley and her girls comment and let me know!)