Harley's Day

It's been several months since I've had a day off, one that wasn't full of running errands and a sassy toddler, who is currently obsessed with blue cotton candy. A day that I could do whatever I want with no time frame.
So, I went to the gymnasium.
Taking a deep breath I tightened my pigtails, maybe my stretching was a bit extreme but I don't use my gymnastic skills as much as I use to anymore.
Starting simple I walked into a front walkover, then followed it with a scissor leap. I began running and went into a front hand spring then leaped into a forward somersault, and landed it.
The feeling I was getting while preforming gymnastics tricks was ecstatic. I turned around and began running; cartwheel, aerial cartwheel, and finished the small set with a round off.
I often wondered what it would be like if I followed a career in gymnastics rather than physiology. Wouldn't have spent half the money I did in school, I'd never worry about my weight because I'd constantly be excising, and I'd never enter the world of super villains and hero's.
But I'd never meet Pussy Cat or Daffy Doll, I'd never kiss Batman or go on a date with Night Wing, I'd never create my Harley Gang, or end up working with the Joker. Which means I'd never have my babygirl, Lucy.    
I couldn't think of life without LucLuc. Waking up to Lucy every morning and eating breakfast with her. Helping her get dressed and taking her to daycare. Picking her up every afternoon and hearing her go on and on about all the fun she had while at daycare. Eating and cooking dinner together then taking a bath together. Tucking her in at night, as she fights to keep her eyes open and promising me that she wasn't tired. Those are all things I wouldn't give up for anything in the world.
I jumped on the balance beam and preformed a front handstand, I turned around and, after taking two steps, went into a split leap. I've started teaching Lucy some simple gymnastic tricks.
Somersaulting across the balance beam then followed it with a backwards handstand. After that I flipped off the beam. Glancing towards the vault, I stretched my arms and rolled my shoulders.
Starting simple I ran into a front handspring using the vault. Followed by a tsukahara, then pushed it another stepped and did a yurchenko.
Satisfaction couldn't describe how hard I had worked to lose the baby body and work my muscles back up.
My phone began ringing, it must by 3:00 and time for my medicine. I headed over and grabbed a small baggie with four pills in it, and took them with water. Looking down into my bag, I smiled to myself as I saw the note that Lucy had wrote me in daycare. She's the reason that I take my medicine everyday, on time, without fail.
To better myself for her, so her life is better and not chaotic like mine was. So she can have a full life, accomplish all she wants, achieve all that she desires, and become the amazing person that she is. I want to be well enough that I can be involved in her school activities, sports, clubs. Be the cool mom that has all the friends over. I want to be everything my mom wasn't so Lucy can have everything I missed out on.
Lucy would be starting school next year, the thought of it killed me, she's grown up too fast. My eyes began tearing as I remembered when I first brought her home, and the first time she hiccuped, oh, and the first time she went to the bathroom by herself. I laughed to myself, I'll be able to show everyone her first potty, I took a picture of her doing it! She'll be so mad at me when she gets older.
Glancing at the clock, only an hour before I leave to pick up Luc, I started at the top of the small route.