Chapter One.

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

(Y/N) McPhee and her mother Angela McPhee were going to the house of Cedric Brown, who had seven children with inexplicable behaviour. The children had scared off seventeen nannies!

"Now, (Y/N), I expect that you are going to play a big role in these children's lives. Okay?" Angela told her daughter.

(Y/N) nodded.

§§§

(Y/N) and Angela arrived at the Brown's household. (Y/N)'s jaw dropped at the state of the kitchen.

A boy spoke up. "Oh look, the door opened but no one's there."

Angela spoke, "I'm here. I'm Nanny McPhee, and this is my daughter (Y/N) Mcphee."

Angela tapped (Y/N)'s head. (Y/N) curtsied. The boy went back to stirring the pot.

"Oh, d-did someone hear something?" The boy, Simon, asked.

"I didn't hear anything." Eric said.

"That's because nobody's there." Sebastian filled in.

"Then try and hear this. You are to put the kitchen into order, then go to bed." Nanny McPhee said.

"I just had an idea! Why don't we play in the kitchen, all night long." Simon stated, and the other six children all cheered.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, and Nanny McPhee pulled her staff out of her cloak, raised it a few centimetres off the ground, then slammed it down. The Brown children had now started moving at an unnaturally fast pace.

"What's happening?!" Simon said.

"It's all her fault!" Chrissy yelled.

"She banged her stick!" Eric yelled back.

"We can't stop!" Chrissy screamed.

"Come on whoever you are then, let's stop this and go to bed!" Simon said.

Nanny McPhee replied, "Say please."

Then, Simon yelled, "I never say please!"

Nanny McPhee and (Y/N) turned around and started to head out of the kitchen.

"Very well then." Nanny McPhee stated.

"Wait!" Tora yelled.

(Y/N) and her mother turned around. All of the children said please, one by one. Except for Simon.

"Say it!" Tora yelled at him as Chrissy picked up Aggy and started walking over to Lily's catapult.

"Oh, for goodness sake, please then!" The boy yelled.

"Please, Nanny McPhee." Nanny McPhee said.

Lily yelled, "Say it, Simon!"

She was walking up the steps, and Aggy was in the catapult.

"I'd usually protest, but this thing might blow!" Eric spoke up, referring to his bomb.

Lily was about to jump off the top of the steps. (Y/N) gasped and got her mother's attention, and gestured over towards Lily and her catapult. Nanny McPhee gave her daughter a reassuring look.

"Please Nanny McPhee!" Simon yelled, and Nanny McPhee banged her stick on the ground again, just as Lily jumped, and Eric's bomb blew.

The green mist in the kitchen cleared up. The kitchen was spotless, and the Brown children looked around confusedly. (Y/N) looked at her mother, and Angela just simply smirked.

"Blimey." Sebastian said.

"Now, off to bed please." Nanny McPhee told the Brown children, then they started walking up to their bedroom.

(Y/N) and her mother ran into Mr. Brown on their way up to their room. Angela and Cedric conversed for a few minutes, then Cedric told them where they would be sleeping.

§§§

(Y/N) was ready for bed, and she got put in the room with the rest of the Brown children. (Y/N) had to share a bed with Tora, much to Simon's dismay as he had the biggest bed. He had to sleep in Tora's, which was 'less comfortable than his'. He was next to the girls in Tora's bed, with (Y/N) on the side closest to him.

(Y/N) listened in on the conversation, never joining it. She thought about what it would be like to talk again, but she quickly dismissed the thought, and went to sleep.