Chapter Five.

SIMON'S POV:

The last couple of days have been a blur without (Y/N) here. A quick summary of what I can remember, Father invited a woman called Salma? No, Selma Sickl- Quickly. I meant Quickly over for tea, and we did a load of pranks on her, then we had to apologise to her, as Father has to marry her before the end of the month, or we get split up.

Now we were all standing in the foyer, wearing these horrible clothes. They hurt my eyes whenever I looked at them. Nanny McPhee was helping us with our outfits, making sure everything was perfect.

Mrs

Mrs. Quickly came in, and asked Nanny McPhee if she could have some alone time with us. Nanny McPhee left, and Mrs. Quickly's innocent façade stopped.

"Now, when this wedding is over, I'm ruler of this household, and you will behave. Got that? Behave." She warned as Aggy shook her rattle.

She snatched the rattle off of Aggy.

"Now, I will not have any of this nasty noise disturb my big day." She said in a sickly sweet voice, and Aggy started crying.
Tora stepped forward.

"Give it back, that's our Mama's rattle." Tora spoke, Mrs. 'Sickly' smiled the most ugliest smile I have ever seen.

"I'm your mother now." Mrs. 'Sickly' stated, and snapped the rattle.

I took a step forward, but Tora stopped me. Papa came down from upstairs, and stood at the foot of the stairs. Chrissy stepped forward.

"Papa! Mrs-" Chrissy began to speak, but stopped when Eric put his hand over Chrissy's mouth.

"Cedric." Mrs. Sickly purred, putting her innocent façade back on.

I held back a grimace. Mrs. Sickly held out her veiny, wrinkly, hand for Papa to kiss, but Papa just shook it. I bit back a laugh, but Tora started sniggering, so I elbowed her and she covered it up with a fake cough. Mrs. Sickly glared at us.

'Behave!' She mouthed, and nodded my head.

Mrs. Sickly's friend, Letitia, came running over from the door.

"She's here Selma! Lady Stitch is here!" She exclaimed, then Mrs. Sickly, her friend, and Cook Ally all started fighting over who was going to greet her.

Chrissy started giggling. I think I saw Father crack a smile as Cook elbowed Mrs. Sickly in the nose. Great Aunt Adelaide walked in through the door. Mrs. Sickly fell to her knees.