Chapter 2

"Hey Sparkles, stop scaring away customers and meet our new pastry chef!"

           I get up from where I had been peacefully dying on the counter and scowl at Marc. He wisely runs into the kitchen. I sigh and stow away my rag, not really wanting to be all fake-smiley at the moment. Marc has always had a fascination with coffee, and last month he had opened his own cafe. The problem, was that all of the pastry chefs we've hired have quit or been fired. The former was due to Raven scaring the shit out of a poor girl on her first day, along with a guy who didn't actually want to work, just show up and receive a pay check. The latter, oh man, that was fun. This guy starts hitting on me within five minutes of his first shift. I fended him off as gently as I could, knowing that we actually needed a chef, but when he tried to grab my ass, Marc threw him out with no job and a broken arm. I can handle myself, but it's nice to know that I don't have to all the time. 

          With all of this swirling in my mind, I push through the doors to the kitchen. And promptly become brain dead. Blond. Long blond hair, tied in a pony tail, brushed his shoulders as he laughed at something Marc had said. He looks up and I'm lost, sucked into the melty chocolate of his eyes. Marc clears his throat and I'm ripped from wondering why I'm surrounded by all of these model-worthy guys. 

         "Sang, this is Luke. He's been working at his uncle's diner for a while and was available to help out here while he gains experience for when he opens his own bakery. He's from the Blackbourne team." 

          I raise my eyebrows, looking over this man again, this time with my mind out of the gutter. The Blackbourne team was the largest team in the Academy with nine dogs. They were also one of the best. If their reputation is to be trusted, we shouldn't have to be looking for another chef for a long time. Then another thought pops into my mind. 

          "His uncle. You don't mean Uncle do you?" I ask Marc, but I'm looking at Luke, trying to see the similarities. 

          Chocolate boy himself answers, his eyes flashing with mischief, "Why, yes. He actually is my uncle. Did he say something about me?" 

          A smile splits my face for the first time today, "Only the most infamous of stories. You tried to boil carrots in sugar?" 

          The guys had introduced me to Bob's Diner when I moved in across from them, and ever since I had been addicted to Uncle's food, causing me to visit him frequently. He was always ready with a story about one of his nephews. Looks like I've met the sugar addict.

          He pouts, his voice going whiney, "North found my stash. He said he wouldn't give it back until I ate some vegetables. I was only trying to make them edible!"

I giggle and look between him and Marc, " I think you'll do fine here."

Not real long, but we've met Luke. Now the fun can begin!