Chapter 3

The rest of the day passes much more smoothly, with Luke cracking jokes and generally flirting with me whenever we had a break or I went back to the kitchen. Marc looked a little sour, but I couldn't figure out why. We hadn't had any difficult customers or anything. It was now five forty five, and the cafe was due to close at six so that we could have our family game night. When the boys had figured out that I didn't even know how to play truth or dare, they deemed every Friday night a game night. We all had to be finished with any jobs and in the big apartment. We had bought the penthouse when we finally became a team, so we wouldn't be as scattered. It took up the whole eighth floor with six bedrooms and a huge kitchen with an island. The living room had a sectional and a couple of recliners, along with a flat screen against the wall. I was looking forward to relaxing in my favorite chair, though after last night I might go light on the drinks.

             I shut my locker door, my uniform in a bag to take home and wash. I walk out to see Marc wrapping up, and Luke about to change himself. My eyes meet his and a grin takes over his face. 

             He walks towards me, hiding something behind him, "Sang, Cupcake. I haven't seen you eat anything sugary today. You can't be happy with that! So, being the awesome chef that I am, I made something just for you." 

             He produces a a pink frosted cupcake. With... numbers on it? Ten numbers. Hmm. I haven't had a decent date in a while, and he seemed nice and funny. So before I can think myself out of it, my hand is reaching for the treat. However it never reaches me, as Marc reaches out and snatches it away from me. I go to protest, when he licks a glob of icing off of the top. I raise my eyebrows, a little annoyed with him. Luke wasn't being anything but gentlemanly, there was no reason for Marc to treat him like that Ex-employee.

            I humph at him to let him know that I am indeed mad with him, but he just continues to lick the icing off while glaring at Luke. Blondie, however, is all smiles. 

            He looks over to me again, "Well Cupcake, I think that if Marc was that hungry, then he needed the sugar more than you. A cranky Marc makes for a cranky life, after all." He continues to smile at Marc while I try to contain my laughter.

            Marc, finally backing down, grumbles something and walks back to the kitchen, his stolen prize clutched in his hand. My gaze is once again drawn to Luke as he flourishes a piece of paper. 

"I don't suppose you know about the rule of two, Cupcake?"

Annnnd DONE! Chapter 3! Sorry for the shortness, I just thought it was a good stopping point. 

Thanks to everyone who has been voting, and commenting, urging me to start writing again. I really appreciate you guys!