G

"Hello, my name's Mrs. Irene. What's yours?"

"I'm gay."

"Pfft! Your parents must've been real~ happy you were born to name you that!"

" No, I mean what I'm here for. I'm gay, or at least I think I am?"

"So you're confused and thought a therapy session could fix it?"

"Yes, so how does this work?"

"You can start by introducing yourself. I'm not able to help you if I don't know you, ya know."

"Oh . . . yeah. My real name's Justin."

"And you think your gay? Can you tell me a bit more about that?"

"Well it's a long story. You see, I have this friend who I've known for a really long time and he recently got a girlfriend. I couldn't explain it to him ,but I felt ,well, jealous! And it's not about him getting a girlfriend and I don't have one! But . . .It's cause . . I can't say."

"Hey now~ No need to get so worked up on your first visit. If you can't say, it means it's not the right time to say it. Although you seem to be getting close ,if you can rule out that you're not jealous he got a girlfriend."

" Yeah, it's also why I'm confused. I mean, I spend most of my time with him, as a friend, and I have had my own fair share of girlfriends. What does it matter if he gets one? It just makes me seem like a bad friend."

"You're not a bad friend ,but maybe it's time you think about the friendship you have. Because it seems like it's not enough."

"What do you mean?"

" I mean, did you ever have these kind of feelings for your 'fair share of girlfriends'?"

"Not exactly. The relationships were just fun and light hearted to me. But whenever I broke it off, the girls would be upset and I would just stay the same."

"If you ask me, that seems like an indicator."

" An indicator that I'm gay?"

"As a therapist, I'm supposed to say 'that's for you to figure out' but as a person I need to say ' yes. The girlfriends or gender don't matter when it comes to who you like. Whether it be a small crush with a dash of jealousy or being confused because you're looking at what that person has other than what you both would have together, it's still a connection."

" . . . ."

"But since I'm still your therapist for the next five minutes, 'that's for you to figure out'."