B

" What were you thinking!"

" . . . "

" An upstanding child of Christ and you defiled him! I thought we planned to keep this under wraps!"

" We did. Which is why I don't understand why you're drawing attention to us."

" ME?! How dare you blame your mother on your mistake! The pastor will be so upset with me and I can't imagine what that poor boy is thinking. You've probably infected him, now!"

" How can I infect someone when they wanted it to?"

" Don't you dare slander that boy! Now, I don't know about you ,but I want a place in heaven beside my family. Where you're going to be, where your father should be. . . How can I have hope for that dream when you're constantly kissing John, Sally, and who knows what else and you're father is leaving those gay porn tabs on the computer all the time! It's just not fair! . .hic"

" Are you . . crying? Mom, are you okay?"

" I'm not okay when I know my family is going to Hell. How can I ever be okay with that? . . . Everyone at the church knows, your school principal called me warning about your lewd behavior, and your father hasn't even been spending time with me . How can I be okay?"

" . . . Mo-"

"Please honey, don't say anything. Please just cool it. You said you're bisexual and whatever but please calm down. For the sake of my sanity in this house. Your dad and I are going through a rough patch and I already know where it's leading."

" . . A divorce? I knew you guys were having problems but damn . . Just damn."

" Yes so please let me enjoy our time as a whole family. Where we aren't broken and where we can all be on the same page. Please. I already accepted you the day you were born so cool it and I . . know I'm asking for a lot here , but please keep it under wraps for me."

" I can't do that. "

" Why the hell not?"

"It's not good for you! Look at yourself! You're tearing yourself apart because you want to keep it under wraps and it's not healthy. Stop bull shitting each other with your safe spaces and just talk. Mom, you need to recognize that I am with you and that you should accept what I am! And dad needs to be a fucking man and tell the truth. Cause keeping it under wraps isn't doing shit!"

" . . hic. . . hic"

"Mom, I'm sorry for making you cry but you have to accept it."

" I do. . hic Just please!"

"No. I'm not doing anything."

"Then can I hug you?"

" . . ."

"Please! Just a hug from my baby. Just one."

". . . fine"

" Thank you. thankyouthankyouthankyou I love you."

"You have a weird way of showing it."

" I know. And you should know that I accepted you from birth. I'll do better."

"We'll see when dad gets back."