Chapter 3 ~ Drunk

John
It was evening and we were back at the apparent that was cleared of all the smoke. The event had make me forget about Mary and what happened, but now I was back at the apartment, everything started to come back at me.

"Take-out?" Sherlock asked. I just nodded. I walked to my chair and curled up in it again.

Sherlock
Now everything in the apartment was "normal" again, not paying attention to the smell of feet that still hang in the apartment, John was getting sad again. But who could blame him, I thought. I decided to go get some take-out. Hopefully he would feel a bit better after eating something.

When I came back with the food John was still in his chair. He hadn't moved in the 20 minutes I was away.

"John, food is ready." I said. He looked around and came to sit at the table. He only stared at the food and didn't ate anything.
Even when I finished eating, he hadn't ate a bit.

"You should really eat something, John, you'll feel better after."

"Not hungry." And with that, he rose to his feet and walked to his bedroom. He didn't came back the rest of the day.

I just watched some tv and played my violin for a while, till I couldn't keep my eyes open for any longer and also I went to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night, because I heard noises come from the living room. I immediately sat straight up in bed. I walked to the door and opened it as quiet as I could. When I came into the kitchen I saw who caused all the noise. John was opening all of the cupboards, obviously searching for something.

"John?" He looked up at me and I saw that his cheeks where pink. I looked back at the living room and saw an empty bottle of whisky laying on the ground together with an also empty glass. He was drunk, but when he spoke, his voice sounded surprisingly steady and clear.

"Do you have any more of those?" He asked, pointing at the whisky bottle on the ground.

"Don't you think you've already had enough?" I asked him.

John
"I've only had a couple of glasses!" I said and opened the fridge. The cool air blew into my face what caused me to shiver.

"Bingo!"

I took several bottles of beer and a bottle of whine out of the fridge . I set the beer on the counter and putted the whine bottle directly to my mouth and took several big sips.

"Not bad."

I murmured. When I wanted to take an other sip of the bottle of wine, something roughly pulled it out of my hands. I looked at the direction where the hand had came from and saw it was Sherlocks.

"If you wanted some you could've also just asked, mate." I said a bit angry.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

He sounded angry. When I looked at his face I saw that his eyebrows were curved and his mouth was a thin line. That couldn't mean anything good.

"Just give the bottle back!" I said angry.

I tried to grab the bottle out of his hands but lost my balance and fell to the ground. I felt dizzy and if I was gonna be sick. I couldn't help it and threw up.

Sherlock
John was laying on the ground in his own vomit. He looked so lost. I set the bottle of wine on the counter and crouched next to him. I picked him up and carried him to his bed. When I tried to lay him down, he clutched against my chest and held my neck tight.

"Don't leave me..."

his voice sounded so broken. I felt a pang going through my heart.
"I won't I promise, I just need to get a wet towel for you."

He let go of me and laid his head back down on his pillow. I went to get a wet towel and water.

I walked back into the room and crouched next to him. His eyes where closed and he breathed heavily.

"Why would you do this to yourself? You're supposed to be the doctor, not me."

I wanted to go back to bed but when I wanted to close the door I heard Johns voice and turned around.

"Don't leave, please, stay."

"I don't think that's a good idea." I felt my heart pounding in my chest. Just the idea of spending the night together with John made my heart skip a beat. I looked at his eyes and saw they were filled with sadness and he looked so broken.

"Please, don't go."

He tried to stand up but felt as soon as he tried. I ran towards the man I loved and helped him back to bed. He grabbed my shirt and didn't let go.

"John, please let go." I begged him.

He didn't say anything and just stared at me. It made me feel uncomfortable. Before even I realized what was happening, John pulled me forward and I fell on my knees. He looked in my eyes and his face was so close I could smell his alcohol filled breath. My heart skipped an other beat when I realized what John was doing. His face was coming closer and he closed the space between us when he roughly pushed his lips on mine. His grip around my shirt loosened and I gave in in the kiss. His lips were soft on mine and I felt my ears turn bright pink. No matter how much I loved this, I couldn't.

I pulled back and looked at his beautiful face. He looked hurt. I rushed out of the bedroom and closed the door behind me.

My mind flooded with thoughts. I ran my hand through my dark curls trying to figure out everything what just happened.

After what looked like an eternity, but was in reality just half an hour, I still had no idea what to do. I decided to just go to bed.

After a lot of tossing and turning, I finally fell asleep.