Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Evelyn Marty, get your ass up and get ready. We have to be at church soon and you didn’t even help me get ready. Get off that fucking high horse you crawled up on. That boy told you he loved you. You know you love him too. We all see you guys together and well it’s like the way me and Victor look at each other. It’s true love.” Mary tells me as I wipe another tear away.

I had been hiding out here at her house. I went to the game to see him and sat all the way at the top away from everyone. I didn’t want him to see me but he was just wonderful. I got so mad when they checked him and he hit the ice. I was ready to run down into the ice rink. But I remembered he thought I was away.

Damn him for doing this to me. I can’t take it anymore. I miss him and his blue eyes. I miss the goodnight kiss he gives me every night. But now I’m falling apart. Mary thinks it’s so easy to just give him my heart. But I know he will just throw it away when he gets tired of me traveling.

I finally got up and showered. I then put on the dress they picked out for us to wear. I was happy it is a nice light grey color. Very stylish and something I would wear again. It also matched the suit the guys are going to wear today.

“Well come on honey. I can’t wait to get to my Victor and make this thing official.” She tells me and I smile at her. I’m still not sure what I’m going to do. But there is no way I will ruin her special day.

Luke’s POV

Got ready and hopped she would come home. But it seems I will have to meet her at the church. I was getting really antsy as I leaned on the wall just waiting for her to show up. “Well, look here, seems to me that you look more nervous than the grooms do.”  Sergio teased me.

“Man Sergio, this woman has me all wrapped up in knots. I missed her like hell and she hasn’t even called me.” I tell him.

“Listen, little brother Evelyn is a very insecure woman. For some reason or other she needs to be free to travel. I think she’s scared to be in one place for too long. It will take a very special man to put up with that.” I turn to look at him confused.

“I know what her job is. Why would I want her to stop doing what she loves? It is because of her that I’m here. Sex out of the equation, she is one hell of a woman. She sold me with her whole speech about Chicago and the team. I would never dream of taking that away from her.”