[ gwen x duncan ]

gwen x duncan ;

gwen x duncan ;

   oh, my, now this is where things get messy and the hate comments break out.

   i've always been a fan of crack-ships, and i'm sure that if i wasn't such a major gwent shipper during season one, i definitely would have shipped these two punks together. i know for a fact that i did in season two after gwen and trent split up and courtney grew abusive to duncan. i love friends to lovers tropes, so i really, really liked the idea of these two getting together.

   however, when they finally got together, i wasn't as happy as i thought i'd be. now, i love my fair share of drama—that is the whole point of the show—but, cheating is a pretty shitty thing to do. in duncan's defense, he was in an abusive relationship; most victims grow attached to a certain person during these types of relationships, for him it was gwen. that doesn't mean that all the blame should be cast onto gwen, though. she didn't cheat on anyone, abuse anyone, but she did get kissed her “best friend's boyfriend” and not tell her about it. but, we do have to remember, these are just kids. that doesn't excuse their mistakes, but they're likely very inexperienced in relationships.

   something i do hate about this ship, however, is that gwen always gets the short end of the stick for this scandal. she's labeled as a “boyfriend kisser, ” and a villain for someone else kissing her! i'm not saying she'd completely innocent, but seriously?

   overall, i liked their chemistry in the first three seasons and loved their friendship.

8.5/10