Chapter Twenty One

Alex's POV:
"John!" I called out. John had suddenly disappeared, "John? Where are you?" I called out again. "He woke up Alex." Said the women's voice. I looked around me, no one was there. It was just me standing in the middle of nowhere... I fell to the ground, tears pricking my eyes. I just sat there and cried. Where is John? When I looked up I wasn't in the same place I was before. It was white and the ground was soft. I looked to my left to see a womanly figure standing a few feet away from where I was sitting. I blinked and wiped my tears away and stood up, the figure now walking towards me. I stood there not knowing what to do and the women reached me. I looked at her, she looked familiar. Her face looked surprised and sad, "Alex? What are you doing here?" She asked. I knew that voice, it was my mother's voice. "Mom? I don't know what I'm doing here..." I told her in a sad and confused voice. "Oh honey.. You're not in a coma anymore..." She told me. I got confused, this obviously wasn't the real world. Could I have woken up only to fall asleep and dream this. Or was I... "Mom I'm confused. What do you mean I'm not in a coma anymore. This obviously isn't the real world... Wait. No.. No, no, no! I can't be!" I started to cry again. My mother bent down to my hight and hugged me tightly. I sobbed into her shoulder for a minuet or two until she broke away from the hug and looked at me. "I think it's your time to go now.. I love you." She told me and vanished. He jolted up.

John's POV:
John was currently Face Timing Samuel. The only sounds were them, the sounds of people rushing by his room, and the heart monitor for Alex. The doctors said he didn't need one anymore. Silence fell between the two boys for a moment. John heard the heart monitor and nothing else. He listened to it for a second to realize it was gradually becoming faster. Samuel must've heard the heart monitor too because he looked confused. John looked at Alex who was still sleeping but his heart monitor was still being weird. It became faster and faster and John was getting real worried. "What's going on?" Samuel said, "I don't know but I'm going to get a nurse!" John replied and pushed that button that called a nurse. A moment later a nurse came in to see a very worried John looking at Alexander. "What's wrong-" She was cut off by the heart monitor freaking flatlining! "Alex!" John cried out. He wanted to get up and run over to him but he couldn't since he couldn't put pressure on his broken leg. "John, what's going on?" Samuel asked now very, very concerned. The nurse got a doctor and another nurse and they brought Alex out of the room. "John?" Samuel asked but was hung up on by John before he could say anything else. He kept getting texts from Sam but he didn't answer. Alex, his crush, is dead. Maybe he is. John curled himself into a ball and cried. The doctor or nurse must've left the door open because he heard someone walk in. It couldn't be Laf or Mr. Washington or his father. Laf was in school, Mr. Washington doesn't come here until Laf comes home, his dad was at work. "Johnny? Why are you crying? Where's your friend?" Asked a small girl. He knew this girl, it was the adorable little girl named Anica. He looked up at her, tears making her and everything else blurry. Another women walked in which he could only assume it was Anica's mother. "They took him away.." John said through sobs. "Why did they take him away John?" Asked Anica's mother. "He-He died...." He choked out. Ivy gasped and hugged him tightly. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry..." She told him. John didn't reply, he just cried. "He didn't deserve to die! He was my best friend! I-I.. I loved him.." Anica came onto the bed and hugged John too. After a few minuets Ivy spoke, "I'm really sorry John but we must be going. But we will be sure to say hello to you when we can." John looked up at her and nodded. "It's okay. I'll be fine.." He told them. They went to the door and said goodbye to him and left. John decided to lay down and stare at the ceiling and cry more. This was until he got a call. He read it and it said he was getting a call from Lafayette. He didn't pick up. He didn't feel like talking to anyone at the moment. The ringing stopped but soon came back on again. John didn't pick up. He was now getting spammed with texts from Lafayette, and FaceTime calls but he didn't pick up. After a few more text notifications he looked at them.