Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"It's sooo hot today," I heard someone say nearby breathlessly, turning to Jeremy who was sitting beside me. I found him preoccupied talking to a leggy blond in a silver bikini. We were hanging out at Oceanside Beach watching the waves, something that I really enjoyed and I had just finished reading one of my favorite books. Was she there the entire time? I eyed the girl and tried not to roll my eyes when she grabbed his forearm flirtatiously.

"Wow," she commented squeezing it, "Such nice muscles, do you work out a lot?" she asked batting her eyelashes, Jeremy shrugged and grinned at her.

"Occasionally," he responded, blushing a little. I continued to watch as she flirted and chuckled a little. She was trying so hard and really liked him it seemed, but I knew he didn't like her. Despite the fact she was probably the most gorgeous girl on that beach, he didn't, uh go for girls. He was probably more into her guy friends hanging out behind her than her.

The first time I met him he didn't strike me to be gay, we went to the same school and he wasn't an open gay really, he did tell me about a month after we met which left me in the dumps in the fact that I actually started falling for him. It was hard not to, he was a really great guy and good-looking too, even though pretty boys weren't exactly my type.

"So do you have a girlfriend?" the girl asked coyly. I glanced at his face and he looked at me before he answered.

"I don't actually," he told her. She smiled and eyed me for a second, I guess to check that I wasn't a threat and then proceded to flip her long blond hair over a shoulder.

"A guy like you? No way! But if that's true then I guess we should meet up sometime or something."

Jeremy smiled apologetically and glanced at me for a second before turning back to her, it beat me to why he kept looking at me, "I'm sorry, but I should have told you earlier, I'm gay," he said. Her smile dropped and she looked to be completely taken aback, a feeling I knew.

"Oh, um wow, I really didn't see that coming," she admitted honestly, "I should probably go," she finished backing away quickly. Jeremy sighed and lifted his hand in a wave as she turned and walked away. She didn't wave back and I couldn't really blame her, he was leading her along.

"Jeremy you should start telling them before they start flirting with you," I advised him punching him in the arm playfully, "Your such a heart breaker and you don't even know it sometimes."

"Yeah, but I like having my ego fed once in a while even if it's from a girl," he said grinning, "You should do it sometime."

"Do what?" I asked.

"Give me compliments, you never do." Even though he was smiling, there was a slight edge to his voice. I brushed it off and smiled, studying him for a couple seconds.

"When you smile the corners or your eyes crinkle up in a cute way," I started. Jeremy grinned and turned his head to face the ocean.

"Okay," he said.

"You have a great personality," I continued, being vague in this one.

"Elaborate."

I thought for a moment, "You're light-hearted most of the time and carefree which are really good qualities." Jeremy smiled and peered out into the ocean.

"Now go on about my dashing good looks," he said jokingly.

I shook my head and chuckled, "You're hands down the best looking guy I have ever met," I said.

Jeremy looked at me for a moment, "Really?"

"Yeah," I said honestly.

"Alright," he responded nodding his head slowly, "Anymore compliments?"