Chapter Two Dattebayo!

Disclaimer: Roses are red

                      Violets are blue

                      I don’t own Naruto

                     So please don’t sue.

Chapter Two

“Nara Shikamaru! Get up you lazy ass! Breakfast is ready!” Yoshino yelled at the top of her lungs from downstairs. Shikamaru groaned. He stood up and stretched, picked up the shirt on top of the pile beside him and didn’t bother to fix his bed because he was just too lazy.

“If I fix the bed, I’ll just sleep on it again and it will be messy again. So therefore, I’m just wasting my energy on doing that,” he once said to Yoshino that earned him a kick on the shins.

“Mornin’ pops,” Shikamaru greeted Shikaku who was already eating breakfast in the kitchen. Shikaku responded with a nod and read the newspaper beside him. Yoshino placed a carton of milk at the table along with some toast.

“They said that some officials from Suna will be coming here today,” Shikaku said, not looking up from the newspaper that he was reading. And then he continued, “Weren’t you the one assigned to be the official guide of their ambassador?”

Shikamaru munched on his toast and said, “Yes, yes I am. And why are you asking and telling me this?”

“Well, you said that the ambassador’s a girl. So couldn’t she be…”

“And why would you think she would be the ambassador?”

“She is the Kazekage’s sister, and she could also be the one suited for the job. Since Gaara can’t associate that well with others and her other brother… who was it again?”

“Kankuro.”

“Oh yes, and he, Kankuro just seems to be untrustworthy, so I guess that’s why.”

Shikamaru sighed and ate in silence as he remembered his conversation with Tsunade about this.

**It was around three in the afternoon when Shizune ran into him outside the academy and told him that he was summoned by the hokage in her office.

“Tsunade-sama.”

“Hnn? Ah, Shikamaru,” she said as she looks up from organizing some papers at her desk, “You will be escorting Suna’s ambassador while she’s staying here in Konoha. You will wait for her tomorrow at the gate and send her here so we could take about some important matters.”

Shikamaru rolled his eyes and said, “Why me? There are more guys out there available for this mission. Besides, I’m already a proctor at the Chuunin Exams.”

Hold on a second. She? Could it be…

Cutting his thoughts, she glared at him and said, “This is an order. Now go!” Shikamaru sighed exasperatedly.

“Fine. Understood.” He left the office and headed back home.**

“Speaking of that girl, she had saved you once right?” His father asked, making him jump and stop staring at the glass of milk in front of him.

“Yeah, she did. It was when I am in the middle of battling the flute girl who was about to kill me.”

“And you too, saved her not long after that time, right?”