3 : Slang/Swearwords

[Slang/Swearwords]

Aft – Cybertronian 'ass' and can be used in the same offensive mien. Similar to 'actuator', 'afterburner', 'back-bumper', 'fanbelts', 'diodes', 'skid plate', 'tailpipe', 'turbocharger', etc.

Aligned - To be spark-bonded or even simply intending to be spark-bonded in the very near future. Regional/class variants. Not a universal term.

Basic - a dialect of Cybertronian that is more a machine language, beeps, clicks, and whirs that all mechs can understand but seldom use unless damaged or experiencing communication issues. Basic is the language Bumblebee uses.

'Big Bearings' - to have a lot of damn nerve. Alternates are 'bearings of chrome steel!' or 'look at the bearings on this one' and other such sentiments.

'Bonded' - AKA: 'spark-bonded' refers to Transformers who have completely merged sparks with another to a point their energy and signatures are bound on the quantum level by physics and emotional feedback, even when physically separated. Bonded pairs can share thoughts and sensation on whim and often by accident; experienced partners can shield their feelings from one another, but under duress this is very difficult. The bond strengthens both parties, literally makes them tougher or smarter. The flip-side is that the death of one will adversely (sometimes fatally) affect the other. Insanity is common among bond-pair survivors. Natural bonding usually takes more than one go, typically they have to have had contact many times before a bond will fully take. One physically cannot bond to a total stranger.

Brightplate - a general mildly offensive term for a Towerling or upper-caste mech, or aimed at Transformers who at least appear to be of the upper class - too polished, too clean, not enough armor, etc.

'Bust a gasket' - No longer able to cotrol; to 'lose it'.

Cable up – to physically link sensory and tactile systems for the purpose of sharing sensation and achieving non-spark contact overload. A sexual preference for some, usually a prequel stage of intimacy to spark contact. Occasionally frowned upon as it would be considered not ‘vanilla’.

'Catching a nova' - Doing something incredibly stupid and about to suffer greatly for it.

Charged - To be sexually excited; to be 'turned on'.

'Circuits sizzle' - To become very mad; similar to the Earth term 'blood boil'.

Frag – It’s the Cybertronian 'fuck' use with all the grammatical creativity we give our more infamous swear word. Not usually used to indicate a sexual act, but this varies with region/class base – some sectors of Cybertronian society might use it as such. Kaon mechs and worker class may use ‘frag’ as sexual innuendo. Towerlings would not generally.

Glitch – To have a malfunction or to be crazy or damaged.

'Grinding their gears' - to be angry without reason, often applied to what could be considered 'teenage' angst but can also mean something is really eating someone.

Insignia Switcher – Sometimes shortened to 'signia switcher' or 'switcher'. It means traitor and references Bots and Cons who defected to the other side and switched their original Autobot or Decepticon symbol.

Interface - a general term that can mean everything from simply jacking into another Transformer's systems and casually integrating (for direct data exchange) to full-on spark merge. Context specific. If shorted to 'facing' then it always has a sexual implication.
Example: "Did you really have to 'face that guy? He's a jerk."

'Leaking lubricant' - phrase meaning something like 'I'm in tears' but since Cybertronians don't normally cry, it's more colloquial and generally will be directed at humans or Transformers who may experience regular human emotions.

Offline - Cybertronian dialect for 'death'; as Transformers are not technically 'alive', they are said, when all their systems permanently shut down, to go offline; additional idiomatic equivalents include when one's 'spark goes out,' one is 'deactivated,' one 'crashes', etc.; alsosometimes described as an equivalent to falling unconscious.

Over-clocking/over-drive - When a Transformer maxes out their systems either by consciously over-riding their own safety parameters or when in a 'fight or flight' situation. Like when humans perform amazing feats in a moment of crisis or don't feel pain until the adrenaline is gone. Overclocking is the Cybertronian battle rush.

Overload - and excess of sensory data resulting in a temporary state of extreme euphoria and tactile sensation, usually pleasurable provided one's neural-circuitry is undamaged. Can be triggered by various stimuli ranging from spark contact, to cable uplink. Also possible through electrical conduction but only through controlled currents; open electrical current can severely damage ungrounded neural networks as a weapon..

‘Popping their plates’ - Implies sexual attraction. If someone is 'popping their plates' for someone, it means they are either physically in the act of opening their chassis for a merge or really, really wish they could because they are carrying on hell of a torch for someone.

Recharge - The Cybertronian form of 'sleeping'.

Scrap – It’s like 'slag' but milder, similar to saying 'crap'.

Skragg – Another variation on 'fuck'. Possibly regional or class-based. It’s a bit like 'freakin'' or 'friggin'' but a touch meaner than that. Likely a cross between 'frag' and 'scrap'. Tends to grammatically fluid as most swear words.

Slag – The step up from 'scrap'. Use it like one would use 'shit' or 'fuck' in the human vernacular. Generally means 'to mess something up’.

Smelt – Literally a reference to the smelting pits on Cybertron where the dead frames of low-caste Cybertronians were melted down. Telling someone to 'get smelted' is basically 'Go die in a fire'.

‘Son of a glitch’ – It’s the Cybertronian “son of a bitch”

Sparkling - a stage in some Cybertronian development. Infancy. During the Golden Age only the rich, high-caste, or mid-caste could petition for a sparkling; a sparkling stage is entirely unnecessary and suggests that the cohort who petitioned for the sparkling had no immediate function in mind for them, allowing them to choose their function as they grown up as it were. While this means that the mechanoid in question gets to choose their identity more freely, culturally, it can also suggest that they are 'useless' since they were not brought online for any reason but whim. Thus, while calling someone a 'sparkling' is like calling them a big baby, it makes you sound like a Towerling rich-mech. Beware if you are talking to low-caste bots, who may or may not be inclined to punch your lights out.  

Stasis lock - Also shortened to S-lock. The Transformer equivalent to a human 'coma'. Can be triggered by extreme damage or medically induced.

'Swapping paint' - A slang term for cuddling, snogging, bonding, etc.

'Torque it down' - similar to 'calm down' or 'chill out'.

Towerling - a bot from the Towers, or just a Transformer who is very rich or well to do; readily turns into an insult meaning snobby or someone who thinks they are better than anyone else. Cons tend to think of Autobot ranks are full of Towerlings and this is, more than the Bots would admit, true.
'What in the name of the All Spark?' - Similar to 'What in God's name is going on?!' and often slashed to 'What in the All Spark?'