Chapter 1 My anchor

Ysabelle's POV
My eyes snapped open when I feel the culprit's little hands playfully stroking my face.

"Good morning sweetheart", I mumbled giving him a tight hug. I glanced the alarm clock checking the time.

"Good morning too Mommy ", Zander uttered sweetly.

" Why are you awake this early? Let's go back to sleep", I stated, heavy-eyed.

"No Mommy, you wake up". He tickled my neck,chuckling. "It's weekend. We're going to Momma and Dada's house.

" Hmmm....., my sweetie is so excited". I sniffed his neck that he giggled in return. During weekend, we go to my Dad's house to have our family bonding.
Zander's nanny is only during weekdays. He's still in preschool so I need someone to watch over him. I'll fetch them everyday making sure that he's still my priority. Just so happy that his school is just 5 minutes ride from Ysabelle Resto.

We were ready to go when Zander pulled the hem of my dress while looking at me bouyantly. I sighed looking at him. His features reminded me of his father. His blue eyes, pointed nose and sexy lips. What he got from me was only his skin complexion. I get my handcarry bag trying to divert my thoughts and hold his hand while walking towards the door. We are heading to Dad's house now.

"Momma! Dada!" My son ran cheerfully to Dad and Sheryl. The two met him halfway with warm embrace. I felt happy watching them. That's the main reason why we spend our weekend here. To see them both in mirth.

Sheryl is my Dad's wife. I really admire and appreciate her for being so nice to me and to Zander. She really treated me as her own. For everyone's knowledge my Mom Lily worked at Finn hotel as chef cook. That's where she met Dad. Sheryl and Dad has a son, my half-brother Wesley. He was 3 year-old when Sheryl was diagnosed with ovarian tumor. They considered it as their worst episode as a couple. It's the time when their love to each other was put to test. Sheryl suffered depression while Dad became alcoholic. It was a night of drunkenness when my Dad committed a one night stand with Mom who's madly in love with him although she knew that it was wrong. That one mistake made her pregnant at the same time, it served also as an eye opener for Sheryl to fight her depression and physical illness. Dad on the other hand became responsible of his mistakes. He supported my Mom on her pregnancy yet he never left Sheryl side. Eventually, after so many medications her tumor was cured but the physician said that she can't bear a child anymore. Sheryl was once again dejected. Her desire to have a daughter will never happen. But that time the impact was not that bad because Dad and Wesley were there to help her. Ofcourse it was not easy to forgive what Dad and Mom did so they patiently waited until Sheryl find it in her heart to forgive both of them. I also came into the picture which in the long run she learnt to love and cherished.

I stayed with them during weekend and I'm with Mom Lily and Aunt Lilian every weekdays. Dad supported my needs. I was 15 when Mom died because of breast cancer. Being a considerate Dad, he let me stay with Aunt Lilian until I was 18 years old when she decided to go back to the Philippines to start her own business. A catering business name under my mothers " Lily's Catering". I went their every summer to visit her and his husband Leopold. I also acted as her apprentice. I was already 3rd year college when I had my last vacation there.

"Sweetheart, don't go to the deep area". I reminded Zander while watching him playing at the pool. I was on a day bed near him.

"Yes Mommy, I'll just wait Dada here". He replied while patiently waiting his Grandpa.

"Hello sis! How are you?"I turned and saw Wesley walking towards me with a can of beer on his hand. I welcomed him with a hug.

"I'm good." I'm so happy seeing him with us today. It rarely happened these few months.

"How are you young man?" He waved at my son.

"Very well Uncle. I'm happy to see you". Zander was obviously delighted also to see his uncle. I empty the space beside me and ask Wesley to sit down.

" You look tired.You really drown yourself to work". I told him with concern.

"I'm fine sissy. Just very busy with the expansion of our hotel". He replied and chugged his beer.

"Well, that's good news. I heard this is a very big project. A hotel resort in California?". Dad has mentioned it over lunch but I don't really have much idea about it.

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to this sissy. Next week I will meet the CEO of a well-known developer and contractor in California. I have to make this work for us. Their reputation all over the world is over the top. We really have to get them".

"I know you can make it Wes", I encouraged him tapping his shoulder, "I'm always here if you need me".

"Thank you. I might need your help one of these days sissy. For now, everything is still under control". His statement made me smile. I always appreciate how my brother supported me. He knew from the start that I wanted to have my own business and he let me dispite the fact that he badly needed my help to run our family business. I still help but only in a very minimal way. Unlike him who's fully focused on it working like a horse. No doubt that our company now is at it's peak.

" Okay.. but please don't forget also to have some life". I smiled at him when he chuckled.

" I am full of life!" He was grinning widely. " Don't worry sissy, I even have a very active sex life".

I was not able to suppressed my laughter. Even Dad from the distance who happened to hear him. Good thing Zander was busy swimming that he didn't mind what his uncle were saying.

" Say it again when your Mom is here". Dad challenged him.

" No way Dad. .. no way!" He was shaking his head.
Wesley is no match to Sheryl. Having a talk like this will ended him being grilled especially that she's very vocal to his son that she wants him to settle down.