Chapter 3 His

Ysabelle's POV

It was nine in the morning when I dropped Zander and his nanny at school.

I kissed him. "Bye sweetheart...You take care always".

"Yes Mommy, I love you", he mumbled as he tightened his embrace.

"I love you more sweetheart". I gently rubbed his back. Then I turned to Erma's direction, "Erma please take good care of him. I'll be back before noon to pick you up".

"Alright Ysabelle, you drive safely". I nodded as she guided my son inside the school.

I went directly to Ysabelle Resto near Manhattan mall. I saw Adrian at the dining area through the glass window. There were few group of people dining. I'm sure volume diners will start during lunch time and dinner. He approached me when I entered in our private office.

"How was your weekend Belle?" He asked smiling.

"Excellent ". I answered enthusiastically. "How was Ysabelle Resto in two days?"

"Doing great", he replied excitedly. "Our costumers tripled". Adrian is very trustworthy that I never get worried everytime I spent quality time with my son. We've been friends since college days making us inseparable up to now. As a matter of fact, our friendship became more stronger and he's one of the people I trusted the most even on my personal life. I think we feel the same way because apart from his live-in partner George, I am the only person who knew that he's gay. Even his family in Chicago didn't know anything about it. It's the main reason why he moved her in New York for good.

" You're the best!" I said, proudly tapping his shoulder.

We decided to do some rounds in the dining, bar and kitchen area. Checking if everything was in topnotch condition. If our staff were functioning well to their respective duties. We took down notes the things needed for improvement. Even our staff behaviors and skills. We see to it that we give them trainings atleast twice a week. More on personal relations and skills development.

"I think it's about time Dri" I said as we went back to the office. He looked at me with blank expression, brows wrinkled. "Are you ready for expansion?"

He was obviously not expecting it. "Are you serious Belle?" It took a while before he reacted.

"Ofcourse! I think this is the right time. I know we can do this together". He leaped with palpable excitement and hugged me tightly.

" That's awesome Belle! That would definitely a big yes for me!" He was teary-eyed. It was both our dream to start this business and taking it into another level is another huge step for us yet it shows that we already came too far from where we had started. Last week I was able to check the financial status of our business and I think we had enough resources to execute the plan.

I felt warmth in my heart due to his gesture. If there is any man closer to me other than Wesley and Dad, it's him. Maybe if I'm unaware of his sexual preference, I would probably fall in love with him. He's the type of person that is easy to be with and very caring. Always there during my best and worst days. It still so funny remembering those times where ladies befriended me just to get his attention way back in college. We ended up laughing after I told him all about them fantasizing him. Well, I can't blame them though. Adrian is tall and handsome with a perfect built. "

"Oh come on, don't be a crying baby Dri". I teased him. "Someone might see you.They will think I broke your heart", I added chuckling to lighten the mood.

"Silly". He said rolling his eyeballs while putting his hands on his waist.

"Whew!!!!" I find it very girly.

I move towards the chair to get my purse after checking the time. "Dri lets discuss this matter tommorrow. For now, I have to go. Need to fetch Zander", I passed him and opened the door.

"Sure Belle, this would be very exciting". I smiled and waved at him in a hurry before leaving.

I arrived at school at exactly 12 noon. Erma and Zander were already near the gate waiting for me. I opened the passenger door for them.

"How was your school sweetheart?" I asked after fastening his seatbelt.

"Teacher Julie announced this morning that Elle's parents invited us all to her birthday. It's on Saturday ". He was talking animatedly.

"Really?" It seems my son is very excited", I spoke sweetly while maneuvering the car. I glanced at him on the rearview mirror.

"Ofcourse Mommy. Elle told us it's a Disney and Marvel themed party. I can wear my spiderman costume", he replied exuberantly.

"Wow, that's awesome! ". His enthusiasm was contagious.

I handed my car key to the valet when we arrived at Finn Hotel. It's our family business that I was talking to where Wesley got incharge. Dad passed it to him two years after he finished his master's degree. . I am living here but I'm not working in the hotel full time. Just helping out everytime Wesley has to go out of the country for some important business dealings.

I graduated BS Hotel and Restaurant Management after I gave birth to my son. But instead of joining the company, I decided to put up Ysabelle Resto with Adrian. And luckily I just mentioned to my partner earlier about putting up another branch.

"Good day Zander, Ms. Finn". Rachel at the front desk acknowledged us.

I nodded and smiled at her in return. Zander approached Rachel confidently. "I'm great, how about you pretty?" He winked.

A loud gasp escaped my mouth. I was really surprised of his action. Where did he learnt that?
"Zander", I called his attention. I glared when he looked on my direction. He just smiled at me.

"Come here", I continued in a threatening tone. He came to me while scratching his head.

"Why Mom?" he asked innocently.

"What was that? You should respect a lady", I told her in a modulated voice. .

"Mom, I respect her. I just find her beautiful. Is it bad to appreciate beauty?"He answered defensively.
I took a deep breath and approached Rachel to apologize.

"It's fine Ms. Finn, your son is very adorable". She said with a reassuring smile. I nodded my head in returned but still worried of my son's behavior.

"Erma, please send Zander's bag to the penthouse and meet us at Nichol's kitchen". Nichol's kitchen is one of the restaurants in Finn Hotel. It was named after my Dads. It offers Western and Asian fusion cuisine.

"Right away Ysabelle", she replied smiling and proceeded to the elevator.