Chapter 4 The Encounter

" Five years ago "

Ysabelle's POV

"This place is breathtaking!" I couldn't contain my amazement .There were beautiful wild flowers everywhere including those orchids clinging on branches. I saw many butterflies and lots of fruit bearing trees . I just didn't know their names and if their fruits are edible.

I was so engrossed to everything I saw that I kept on walking following a small trail. It might be going to the other side of the island. So I was expecting that I will end up on a beach. I'm not scared at all because the cleaner that I asked earlier told me that it only takes few hours of walking to go around the island. That's why I decided to organized a little tour for myself before the whole team get busy. I don't want also to waste every single opportunity to enjoy. Afterall, my purpose of coming here in the Philippines is to have vacation, it's only secondary to help my Aunt.

I stopped in the middle of those towering trees when I noticed that the trail ended there. I looked around to see another trail or perhaps any sign that I'm close to the shore. "Hello!"

I listened to any response but I only heard chirping of birds and followed by a deafening silence. I was a bit worried so I just thought of going back following the same trail. At first everything turned out fine until I reached a spot where there's two more trails connected. I didn't know anymore of which one I went through earlier. After few seconds of mind deliberation, I decided to take the right route.

I glanced my watch. It's almost 12 noon and until now I am still following the route that I chose. I began to admit that I was lost. Because if I picked the right path, as far as I remember it only takes 30 minutes going back to the main building. I was contemplating again if I go back or not when I heard burbling sound of water from a distance.

"A waterfall!" All my worries suddenly disappeared. Even though I was still far but I can already see the multiple cascades which were falling freely into a basin-like pool hidden in the lush jungle. My excitement doubled as I was running closer. I can't wait to submerge myself into the cold water. Good thing that I had my swimsuit on underneath my loosed shirt and shorts. I was really planning to swim on the beach but finding this waterfall thrilled me much more.

I abruptly stopped and my smile turned agape when I saw a naked man standing on top of a big rock in the middle of the basin-like pool. I hid and covered my mouth to suppress my gasp. I wanted to turn-away but I don't know why I can't take away my eyes off him. His gorgeous built was perfection. He made a smooth, swift dive and climb back on. He's like a Greek god in flesh.

I recoiled when he turned to where I was hiding. Which was a wrong move because the ground where I was standing on was uneven. My foot slipped which caused me to tumble.

"You're tresspassing Miss!" I haven't recovered yet when I heard his deep musculine voice behind me. "What are you doing here?"

"Ahh..ahh.. " I stuttered. I couldn't meet his gaze due to embarassment. I'm just thankful he's already on his jeans and white shirt. I collected enough courage to look at him which I succeeded. "Geez! If his physique was mouthwatering from a distance, I don't know what kind of adjective to use now that will give accurate justice to his appearance. His face,,,, those expressive blue eyes, his nose..., those kissable lips... I was speechless!

"Did I pass to your liking Miss?" It's like cold water has been poured on me. He was even smirking. I wanted to pinch myself for my craziness. I looked down and didn't answered him on purpose. Gathering my strength, I attempted to stand up.

"Ouch!!!!!" I cried. I think my left ankle was twitched. I leaped using my right foot. When I looked back at him, his expression already soften. He quickly move near me.