Chapter 8

Mallory's POV

After I do another check to make sure the house is clean I go look in the mirror again it was mine and Nick's second date and I was a little nervous. I take a deep breath when I hear Nick knocking on the door I walk through the living room then open it and see Nick standing there with flowers in his hand he looks at me and smiles. "I thought you would like these." I take the flowers then look at him "come on in." he walks in the house looks around while I put the flowers in a vase "You have a nice house." "Thank you." I turn around and look at him. "Dinner?" he nods then we walk in the kitchen I turn around to tell him what we are having but I'm cut off by Nick kissing me he pulls me closer then wraps his arms around my waist. I kiss back then wrap my arms around his neck I had feelings for him I wanted to take things slow I didn't want to rush what we have.

Nick's POV

Mallory and I start walking down the street eating ice cream I look at her and start thinking about how nice the evening has been. I know that this was only our second date but I wanted this to be long term I could see the two of us being together and having a future together I liked Mal and I knew that she liked me too. She was great with Adam plus I love her son Landon he was great kid and I liked playing games with him and teaching him how to play ball things a dad was supposed to do. I liked the idea of us being together and the four of us being a family Landon needed a dad, Adam needed a mom I wanted us to be a family.

Mallory's POV

Nick and I stand outside on my porch for a little while talking before he leaves that night I loved spending time with him plus the feelings I had were getting stronger for him every day. He looks at me then reaches over and holds my hand "I had a great time with you Mal I like you a lot." "I like you too Nick." He wraps his arms around my waist then kisses me I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck. He looks down at me "Let's go to the beach this weekend all of us I'm sure Landon would love that plus it will be Adam's first trip what do you think?" I loved the sound of it. "A trip to the beach sounds good we should go." Nick smiles "great I'll see you this weekend I'll call you tomorrow." I nod "goodnight Nick." "Night Mal." He gets in his car then leaves I go inside then smile to myself. I was really looking forward to this weekend.