Chapter 1

Chapter 1

One Month Earilier (The Secret Life Book 1 Ch. 19)

I walked back into the house wiping a tear off my face. I glanced to my right where the kitchen would be, down the hall way. I suddenly recalled what had happened two hours ago, when I got home from school. My mother and my father got into a fight.

'Thank God it wasn't like the first time.' I thought thinking of the time my mom was in the hospital after a fight.

The summary of the recent fight flashed into my mind.

My mom threw a glass plate at my dad but missed. She was furious with him, because he had cheated on her. His only excuse was 'I was drunk'. She didn't care if he was drunk, he hardly drinks. He was getting so pissed off, that his face was literally red. He took off with the family car, after I jumped on his back to stop him from getting closer to my mom. I really thought he was going to put his hands on my mom again.

The vivid memory ended when I was already heading to the kitchen.

Walking toward the kitchen I saw white pieces of glass shattered on the floor. I grabbed the broom and dust pan to clean it up. As I got closer to the shattered plate, I noticed something.

I noticed that, this plate wasn't just an ordinary plate. This plate was special to my mom. I looked at the red color on some of the broken pieces. Some pieces had red with black writing. I realized that, if I had put the broken pieces together again; there would be a big red heart on the plate with the name Diana written in the center of the heart.

I quickly remembered the cute, couple story my mom told me when I was about thirteen.

A young and wild teenage girl fell in love with a smart, shy guy. He later, became her high school sweetheart (a whole other story itself). They stuck together like glue. Soon their relationship became five years straight. The guy wanted to do something extremely special for his girl. He decided to hand make something special for her. The boyfriend made dinner for her. He cooked steak, potatoes, and rice. His buddies helped him set up a dinner date on a hill top, where you can see the entire city lite up.

In the beginning of the day the boyfriend gave her a bright red, fresh, rose and kissed her passionately. Soon, it became nightfall, and he took her to the hill top. She had no idea where she was going, because she was blind folded. As soon as they arrived and got out the truck, the girl removed the blind fold. Her eyes lit up with surprise. The place was amazing, a table for two under a big White Oak tree with yellow lights around it. She could see the entire town lit up with different colors. Down below was the Mapplewood Lake that reflected these colors.

He handmade a plate for her as an anniversary gift in school. It took him weeks to make it into perfection. He served her dinner before the food would become cold. They both ate the delicious dinner smiling at each other and having lifelong conservation. As Diana finished her food, she noticed something was written on her plate. The young man got down on his knees as his girlfriend read the plate.

He looked up to her full of love and said, "Will you marry me."

In the distance his friend, was playing a soft tune on his guitar, while his other friend started to sing a love song. The girl was in total shock. She was so confused on what to do. Soon the words finally came out her mouth.

"Y-yes. I will marry you!" She said happily.

He stood up and kissed her lips exictedly. The fiancee shouted, "She said yes!"

Suddenly fireworks shot up into the sky. Bright colors of red, blue, green, and white lit up the night sky.

At that moment they were both happy and nothing could ruin their night.