They're Hiding Something

David's POV

I walk out to check on the weather outside first. We needed to know exactly what we were dealing with. There was at least two feet of snow on the ground and it was still coming down. I walk back in the building and call everyone together.

"Alright, we have multiple problems to deal with. The major problem is that several of our men are out in this weather and are not back. I need to be updated every five minutes of their location, most particularly about Jeff's condition since he was injured and being taken to the hospital and Robin and Killian's progress to getting back here. If you don't know yet, Emma is in labor and unless it's an emergency, I want all of you to stay out of my office to give her privacy."

"We should get her to the hospital," one of the newest officers says.

"We would, but we were told to stay here. No one is allowed to leave unless we get a call and even then, it will be up to me to decide. I care about the people of New York City, but I also care about each and every one of you who is a part of this team. Now, I'm going to be staying in my office with Emma. I suggest you call your loved ones and tell them that you are going to be stuck here for a while and not to worry. Now, unless there are questions, get to your assigned jobs."

"Yes, Captain," they say unanimously.

I head back up to my office, calling Addison on the way.

"David, hey. Is everything alright?" she asks, concern lacing her voice.

"Emma's in labor," I tell her, very straightforward.

"Is there a way to get her here?" 

"No. We've been told that no one is to leave unless I say so. I'd love to get her to you, but I'd rather not risk all their lives," I admit honestly. Much better to keep them all safe than risk a wreck getting her to the hospital.

"I understand, David. I know she'll be in good hands with you. How is she doing right now?"

"She's in my office. Asleep it looks like, on her side on the couch."

"Alright. This isn't going to be easy on her. If you could just shoot me a text every now and then with updates on her, that would be good. The babies should be alright at thirty-four weeks. Is Killian with her?" I could tell she was a bit nervous, but was trying to be calm about it.

"No, he got called out several hours ago and still isn't back. I think the stress of that forced her into labor. I've got Robin bringing him back, but he doesn't know yet. I can't have more people stressed out than necessary."

"Well, do your best to keep her calm. If you need me at any time, just call me. I need to go, a patient just came in," she says quickly.

"Thank you, Addison."

I go sit at my desk, keeping an eye on Emma and making sure to get updates on everyone. I called Mary-Margaret to let her know what was going on and of course, she was worried about all of us and wanted to talk to Emma, but I calmed her down enough to settle and make sure the kids were alright. I told her I'd keep her updated and would let her talk to Emma when she woke up.

Killian's POV                                                       

I had been keeping an eye out for Jeff when he got shot. I took down the shooter and held him down until Will could get to him. I ran over to Jeff to check on him and applied pressure to his wound. I called Robin over to call in an ambulance. This weather was awful and I hoped we could get an ambulance here or else things might not look so good. Luckily, there was one close by so I didn't have to worry too long.

"Killian," Robin says, pulling me away from Jeff.

"Robin, we can't just leave him."

"He'll be fine. Will will take care of him. Come on, David needs us at the station." He pulls me further away.

I follow him, still torn up about Jeff.

"Is there something wrong at the station?" I ask.

"David didn't say. He just said he needed the both of us."

"Why not Will? He's been here longer than I have?" Realization begins to dawn on me. "Is it Emma?" I ask nervously. He doesn't answer me and I begin to get frantic. "Damn it Robin! Is it Emma?!"

He sighs softly. "It's a new case, one that Emma's been tracking. He needs us there for briefing."

I'm not sure I believe him, but whatever it is, he's not going to tell me.