Baby Shower

A/N: First of all, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has read this story so far! I'm shocked with the amount of reads it has because I never thought it would get this many. This chapter kind of ran away from me, so it's a bit longer than usual. Hope you enjoy and thank you again!

30 Weeks

Today was our baby shower. He had wanted to keep it a surprise, but I heard Killian, David and the others discussing it one night.

Past (four weeks ago)

I had been sleeping and I woke up and started down the stairs when I heard the words 'baby shower'. Of course, being me, I listened silently before heading back up the stairs. As l neared the top, one of the floorboards creaked and it all went silent. I tried to make it to the room before they saw me, but Killian was faster.

"How much of that did you hear?" he had asked.

"Enough. Killian, it was a sweet gesture, but you know I'm not one for surprises," I'd responded.

He'd just chuckled lightly and mumbled something under his breath before heading back into the living room with the others.

Present

Killian had Mary Margaret keep me away from the house today. We didn't tell anyone else the genders, so he needed to take care of everything involving that himself. Henry was excited about the baby shower and Killian had been having to try to keep him quiet and it usually worked, but we couldn't blame the kid.

"Can't we go now?" I whine.

"No, Emma. We only have a couple more hours before we head to your house. You've been doing so well."

I groan in annoyance.

The next thing I know is I'm being pulled off the couch and outside into the cool air of fall.

"What the hell?!" I shout.

"We're going for a walk. You're bored. This is what you get for complaining," she says sternly as she hands me my jacket.

"I hate you," I mutter.

"Love you too," she smirks.

She locks arms with mine and we take a taxi to Central Park. She pulls me out of the taxi and into the park.

"Come on, slowpoke," she jokes.

"I'm pregnant, Mary Margaret, not disabled. I can't help how slow I am."

"Mommy is not in a good mood," she tells my stomach. I laugh lightly. She is a character.

We walk around, enjoying the calm, cool day, when we hear gunshots off to our left. I push her behind a tree and draw my gun. I may not work much anymore, but I always keep my gun with me.

I look out from behind the tree and see a man with a gun and another man on the ground. From here, I can't tell if he is alive or dead, but I needed to do something.

"Call David and Killian. I'm going to check this out."

"No, you stay right here," she commands.

"I'm an officer. It's my job to protect people," I say before moving into the open.

I cautiously move closer and keep my gun up. I see the man aim at someone else, so I intervene.

"Hands up, or I'll shoot!" I yell.

He turns my way and scoffs. "No thanks, sweetheart."

"I said, drop it. I won't warn you again," I growl, flashing the badge on my waist.