1

A blinding light covered the basement. When it was gone, we checked the table and saw that none of the scraps of paper disappeared. Simon sighed. "Oh well, I guess we can say that I failed." I put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't say that, Simon. Everybody makes mistakes. Maybe on your next try, it would work." I reassured him with a smile. He looked at me and smiled back.

Oh, those blue eyes. Those sparkling blue eyes... That gentleness in his face
.. His calm, mature voice... His warm smile... Yes, you can probably tell that I like Simon. But, who would like a clumsy, shy girl like me?

I snapped back to reality, then looked away. I blushed, realizing that I had been staring at him all that time!

After a few more moments in awkward silence, I stood up and started to leave. "T-thanks for keeping me company, Jean. I r-really appreciate it." He called out. I looked at him again and smiled. "Anything for my best friend."

_________________________________________

Her last words were repeating in my head. "Anything for my best friend."

I sighed. I was friendzoned, as Alvin calls it. Truth is, I really like Jeanette. Everything about her, personality and appearance. Thinking about her made me sigh. What was I thinking? There's no way she'd like a nerdy, stammering chipmunk like me.

I sighed once again. I'd better go to bed so I can work on my "not-failure" experiment. Let's hope better things are coming tomorrow.

_________________________________________

WHERE IS IT?!

You might think I'm lame, but I own a journal. Dave made us own one, saying it would help us remember our life events. Yeah, right. Have you ever heard of phones, Dave?

Speaking of Dave, he's been gone for a day now, meaning two more days left for freedom.

Oh, did I mention we'd have to pay if we lost that journal?

I wasn't really scared if I had to pay for that stupid thing. I was scared because I put my secret stuff there. Yeah, believe me or not, I actually use it. I never thought I'd actually use it, let alone lose it.

"Hey Alvin, why are you up so early?" a small voice asked. I kept looking and mumbled, "Looking for my journal". "Oh. I can't find my journal either." Theodore replied. I stopped, and faced Theodore. "Your journal's lost too?"

"Yeah, why are you asking?" He asked again. I beckoned to him, and whispered, "I think Simon's been hiding our journals." Theodore's eyes widened and he gasped. "Why would Simon do that?" "Because," I reasoned, "He can use it for payback against us! Especially me!! Such a shame that he has to include you in-"

I was cut off because Simon walked in the room. "Ok Alvin. Speak up. Where is it?" he said with a glare. "Where's what?" I asked, clueless. Simon rolled his eyes. "You know very well what I'm talking about, Alvin." I then raised both hands up. "I'm telling you, I don't know!"

He sighed. "Of course you won't answer me..." He faced Theodore instead. "Theo, do you somehow know if Alvin hid my journal?"

Theodore and I looked at each other, and then at Simon. "Our journals are missing too." we said in unison. "And Alvin thought you hid them." Theodore added, which caused a "Theodore!" from me. Simon sighed. "We better start looking for them then."

_________________________________________

"No... Nope... Not here either..."

I was rummaging through my drawers when Eleanor rushed in my room. "Britt! Have you been cleaning the house?!" My curiosity sparked. "No, I haven't! Why did you ask?" She sighed. "I can't find my diary."

My eyes widened. "Funny, I can't find mine either! Do you think Jeanette knows?" She shook her head. "I've asked her already," she said. "She said she didn't- Hey, where are you going?" She called out. I faced her, looked her in the eye, and said, "I have a sister to talk to."

Hello peopleee. I am back from the graveyard that people call school! Christmas break is near so that means more time to update. I hope you like it so far :)