2

(Author's Note: GUYS I'M SO SORRY I THOUGHT I GOT THIS CHAPTER PUBLISHED LAST FEBRUARY...)

Jeanette's POV

"JEANETTE MILLER!" Brittany screamed as she made her way outside.

Uh-oh. What did I do now? Did I forget to do the dishes? Did I spill something again? Did I leave my books on the couch?

"Britt," I said, slowly trying to gather my courage. "Whatever it is, just say it calmly, unless I forgot to do my chores. If I did, well, you can scream all you want." Brittany seemed to consider this, since the hard expression on her face faltered. "Ok. I know you'd understand why I'm screaming because I have a hunch that you also put secrets in your diary, and you surely don't want anyone to read it so if you know where our diaries are you can just tell me because they're missing." She took deep breaths because she didn't pause when she was talking awhile ago.

I tried to summarize her long speech. "So, in short, you're asking me if I've seen your diaries." She nodded. "Sorry sis, but I didn't see—hold on. Where's my diary?" I asked all of a sudden. I speed-walked to my room, since I would trip if I ran, and rummaged through my things. "Oh no... Not the diary..."

I stood up and gave Brittany a worried look. I shook my head and she gasped. This only means one thing.

Someone is hiding our diaries.

"But who would do such a thing?" I wondered out loud. Brittany shrugged. "I don't know, maybe someone who wanted to blackmail us or something. Someone like..."

Her eyes widened at the thought. Her surprise was quickly replaced with rage. "That red-clad monster! I'll get him, oh yes Jeanette, I will make him pay even if it's the last thing I'll do."

Brittany looked like she would prefer to kill someone right now. I tried to signal to Eleanor, doing the sign language of "A", then pointing at Brittany. Eleanor nodded, and she sprinted to the chipmunks' house.

Sheesh. Now I've got a problem.

 How do you stall Brittany Miller?

_________________________________________

Third Person POV

"KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!"

"I'll get it!" Theodore said as Alvin accidentally spilled orange juice on the counter. As he was wiping the spill, Theodore grabbed a cookie from their jar, took a bite, and proceeded to open the door.

"Oh hey Elea-"

"GUYS!" Eleanor exclaimed with a worried face. "IF YOU STILL WANT TO SEE ALVIN IN ONE PIECE, YOU HAVE TO HIDE HIM FROM BRITTANY. NOW."

Theodore shared a curious look with Simon, who had joined his brother by the door when he heard Eleanor screaming. Apparently, they didn't have to wonder for long, because in just a few seconds, a flash of pink zoomed past them and into the house. Behind her was a purple-clad Chipette, who simply said, "He's dead."

"ALVIN SEVILLE! YOU GIVE THEM TO ME RIGHT NOW!!" she exclaimed. Alvin, who was taken by surprise, accidentally sprayed orange juice all over his Game Boy.

"Aw c'mon Britt, I just bought that yesterday!" Alvin whined. "You do know you can wipe it, right?" Theodore butted in. "Nonya business Theo..." Alvin muttered. Theodore looked a bit hurt, so Eleanor led him to the kitchen, asking about different recipes. Theodore lit up and excitedly ran to the kitchen.

Brittany held Alvin's arm tightly (she wanted to make sure it would hurt), saying, "Talk now, Game Boy later. Now, where did you put it?"

"Put what? Your pink, sparkly designer shoes?" Alvin asked desperately, since Brittany's grip was getting tighter. She eyed him. "No, but thanks for letting me know you had them all this time. I'm talking about our diaries. Where did you put it?"

Alvin gave Brittany a confused look. "What diaries?"

Brittany rolled her eyes. "Just tell me where it is!"

Alvin shook his head. "I told you, I don't have them!"

As Alvin and Brittany continued to argue, Simon and Jeanette watched by the stairs. Jeanette was shaking her head, muttering.

Curiosity was killing Simon, so he decided to ask Jeanette.

"Hey, um, J-Jeanette?" Simon asked, gently tapping Jeanette on the shoulder. She looked at  him with a raised eyebrow. He continued, saying, "C-can you explain what exactly is going on? A-and why is Brittany blaming Alvin for... Whatever that is?"

Jeanette sighed. "It's about our diaries, as you've probably heard from Brittany. They've been missing when we were looking for them this morning, and Brittany assumed Alvin was behind all of this. You know how those two are." She said, shaking her head.

For a moment, neither of them spoke. Simon was busy being Sherlock Holmes (which sorta means he sensed a connection between the recent happenings and he's solving the whole thing) while Jeanette was just staring at him, half of her thoughts focused on whether she said something wrong or not, while the other half was focused on how cute and serious Simon looked whenever he's thinking about something.

"I got it!" Simon exclaimed, which brought Jeanette back to reality. "What is it?" she asked.

Simon's face that was once filled with glee turned into one that was full of regret. He turned to Jeanette.

"I... I think it's my machine."

I am SO sorry for not updating. I drowned in a flood of requirements and had to recover 😴

I hope you like this chapter. I also hope it doesn't feel too rushed.

See you in the next chapters(if you guys want more)!