The Druid Boy ~ Mergana

So this is a Mergana take on 'The Beginning Of The End'. Merlin told Morgana of his magic and they kept it a secret from everyone, so she stayed good. They fell in love and had Mordred, they sent him to the druid to protect him. Mordred is only four and the knights of the round table are in Camelot but Uther is still king. (Thats the best I could summarize it, sorry if I missed anything.)

"Help me, Father. They're looking for me." Merlin heard his sons voice in his head as he walked into the courtyard. Then he saw him, cowering behind a fruit stand. Merlin walked over to the servant doors and called to him in his head.

"Over here, run, now, RUN!" Mordred got up and ran to his Father and through the door.

"Over there!" The guards had spotted him and started to run into the castle.

Merlin ran straight to Morgana's room and burst in. Morgana and Gwen jumped.

"Have you forgotten how to knock Merlin?" Morgana laughed.

"Mother!" Mordred shouted and ran to hug her, she hugged him back. "Mordred!"

Gwen was shocked, "Mother?!"

"Gwen, you can't tell anyone, please." Merlin begged.

"Wait, Merlin? How did you know?"

"Mordred is my son." Merlin told her, scared of her reaction.

"So you two...?" Gwen pointed between them with a confused look on her face. They nodded, "Who else knows?"

"Apart from us only Gaius and my Mother." Merlin told her. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Quick, behind the curtain." Morgana pushed Merlin and Mordred behind the screen.

"My lady?" A guard knocked on the door. Morgana smoothed down the invisible creases in her dress and briskly walked to te door and opened it.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, my lady. We're searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way."

"I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and my maid." Morgana lied and gestured to her and Gwen.

"Best keep the door locked till we find him."

"Of course. Thank you." She falsely reassured him, then shut the door in his face.

"'Gana! He's fainted!" Merlin shouted in panic. Morgana and Gwen walked over to see the young boy collapsed in Merlin's arms. Merlin pulled his hand away from his sons arm to reveal blood.

"My poor baby. What did they do to you?" Morgana rhetorically asked the non-responsive boy.

"When I found him he was hiding from the guards, he called out to me." Merlin subtly glanced at Gwen at the end of his sentence. Morgana and Merlin knew of each other's magic and they trusted each other with their lives. "This will need healing, it shouldn't be too bad. Gwen, would you be able to get us some water, please?" Gwen just nodded and left.

"Hælan bearn ac uncer leger." Merlin chanted as his eyes went molten gold and the cut on Mordreds arm healed up. Merlin placed a bandage over where the cut was so that Gwen wouldn't question anything.

Gwen returned with water and a cloth. Merlin quickly dampened the cloth and placed it on Mordreds forehead.

"How come your son is a druid?" Gwen asked, clearly confused.

"When he was born we sent him to live with the druids, and he has grown up there. We go and visit him whenever we can." Morgana said, placing a hand on Merlins shoulder when she said 'we'.

" why didn't you send him to Merlins mother, wouldn't he have been better there, surely it would have been safer?"

"Merlin knows the druids, he trusts them. And we wouldn't want to put the struggle of raising another child on Hunith. She is probably still struggling from the stress of the first one." Morgana giggled.

"Hey! I'll have you know I was a perfect child!" Merlin grinned.

"Sure you were." Morgana rolled her eyes jokingly.

₪₪₪₪₪

648 words

Sorry again for the abrupt ending but I haven't written anything in ages so I'm going through my old unfinished drafts to see what I can post to give you guys content. I might continue this one someday, because I do still remember my ideas for it, but idk.

Thank you for reading!
Byeeee!