'Choose your own destiny'

This is just dialogue of Merlin ranting, idk who to, but I thought of the idea and wanted to write it. Slightest trigger warning, only slightly.

"They say choose your own destiny. Choose my own destiny? H..how am I supposed to choose my own destiny when my destiny has already been decided by thousands before me! No matter what I do, what decisions I make it will all turn out the same. They've all made sure of that, all of them. The dragons, the druids, the gods, the goddesses, all of them! Anyone who thinks they have a right to my life , 'my destiny'.

"I wish I could just say "I give up!" Scream it into the void. Oh, they'll hear it, they'll hear it alright. But they just won't care, not one bit. Because they know that no matter how many times I go against them, the next second I will be right back on track, right the way they want it to go. I don't want that, not anymore! I just... I just can't take it. But what does that matter? I can't decide that for myself. I have no choice, no choice but to continue to be a slave to a higher power, ironic when you think about it.

"I have been given all of this power but no freedom. Others, they think they are weak due to their lack of power but they don't realise how strong they really are with their own freedom. They can make choices, 'choose their own destiny'.

"The 'higher powers' have gifted me with a curse, now that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. They knew this would happen, that I would try to rebel, that I would finally snap. Why do you think they made me immortal? So they could keep me on this path forever, so there is no way out, so I wouldn't find a way out. I just... I don't know what to do. I can't keep living like this."