04 : Game Time

"Damn, look at that," Roi muttered.

Nakatayo lang kaming apat sa harapan ng isang camp. It was surrounded by two-meter stone walls and in the middle of the border was a double-leaf door made of wood, hinged on a stone arc. May naka-gray na staff sa entrance kaya naman naglakad papunta ro'n si Arin at sinundan naman namin siya.

"Congratulations!" she greeted, and she gave the envelope she was holding to Arin.

Pumasok naman kami sa loob at lalo lang akong namangha. It looked like an eco-park. There were several cabins arranged into two columns on the left side and beyond the farthest ones was a huge campfire setup. Beside the campfire was a huge pavilion with white columns and red roof while on the northernmost part was a cabin bigger than the rest, an open shed that looked like a store, and another huge cabin right before a stone bridge.

On the right side was an array of structures: gazebos of different sizes and designs; playground with recreational equipment designed for young adults; and obstacle courses that contain walls of different heights, stairs, ropes and nets, and muddy water.

I couldn't see what was beyond the trees and the stone bridge, but the central area was already impressive enough. I mean . . . whoa. Camp Half-Blood feels.

Arin opened the envelope and inside were weird chips and a key

Arin opened the envelope and inside were weird chips and a key. She tried opening the doors using the key and after her fifth attempt, we finally found our cabin.

The cabin has a porch lined with wooden railings about three feet in height, and wooden benches were set right below the windows. Pagpasok namin ay may dalawang kwarto kaya naman kinuha namin ni Arin ang mas malapit sa banyo. In fairness, airconditioned ang kwarto at maganda ang banyo.

"Thank god nandito ang mga gamit natin," sabi ni Arin at mukhang wala namang kinuha o pinakialaman kaya nakahinga rin ako nang maluwag

"Tayo pa lang ba ang nandito?" tanong ni Roi habang nakasilip sa labas.

"Mukha," sagot naman ni Arin.

Lumabas naman ako at umupo sa wooden bench sa porch. I closed my eyes, felt the gentle breeze as it touched my skin, and it was relaxing. Pakiramdam ko ay nasa probinsya ako.