Spooked

The Electi series continues in Spooked with Kimberly and Reed's story...

A casual date for wedding planner Kimberly Jennings goes horribly awry when a stranger whispers that her new beau is a killer

A casual date for wedding planner Kimberly Jennings goes horribly awry when a stranger whispers that her new beau is a killer. Kim's conscience won't let her turn a blind eye, but how does she go about explaining that her informant was the ghost of a previous victim?

Private investigator Reed Cullen needs money to fund the search for his missing sister. What doesn't he need? A neurotic party organiser on a personal crusade for revenge against a slimeball who spiked her drink, or the secrets that come with her. But like it or not, he's stuck with Kim and he's stuck with the case, for better or for worse.

 But like it or not, he's stuck with Kim and he's stuck with the case, for better or for worse

And here's a preview of Chapter One:

My date was going well until the dead girl in the back seat started talking to me.

At least, I thought it was going well. And I thought it was a date. The guy sitting beside me at the wheel had taken on an ethereal quality, hazy, floating in and out of my field of vision like smoke on the breeze.

How much time had passed since dinner? We had eaten dinner, hadn't we? I recalled a bowl of pretzels, wine, candles... But I'd gone beyond feeling full and straight to sick. Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars, do not puke in the nice man's car.

He smiled at me, white teeth shining eerily in the darkness, and I tried to smile back but my face had stopped working. None of my limbs felt as if they were attached to my body either. What was wrong with me?

"Are you okay, Kimberly?"

His voice echoed around the car, words coming at me in stereo. How did he know my name? Had I told him my name? What was his name? Was he a cab driver?

"Who are you?"

"We're friends, remember?"

No, I didn't remember, not really.

"Where..." The words stuck in my throat. "Where are we going?"

"Home, Kimberly. I'm taking you home."