Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

First day of school:

I was walking down the hall of my school trying my best to avoid Niall because he always made fun of me. He is the reason I don't have any friends. Our first day of school is on a friday which is really stupid to me but whatever. Niall is the most popular guy in school and what am I....oh yah the least. I really hope I don't have any classes with him!

I go to my first class and sit down towards the front so I don't have to deal with all the "popular" kids in the back, and my best friend Aliya was sitting there. I start doing the warm up on the board when I hear his voice. I think to myself "oh no! It can't be! He is going to make my life so miserable being in my class!" I keep my head down so he doesn't see me but unfortunately with my luck of course he does.

"Hey Kate I'm sorry I've been a jerk lately let me make it up to you! I'm having a party tonight and I would love it if you and Aliya would be able to come."

"Why would you want us to come to your party and after the way you have been treating me I don't want to go."

"Please! You have to go we used to be so close and I miss that."

"You don't need me, you have other friends."

"But I can't talk to them about everything like I can with you", he said while scrunching his eyebrows like he really cared.

"Well you should of thought about that before you decided to change and become a big jerk."

"I said I was sorry okay! It won't happen again, I just need my best friend back...", he says with his voice cracking a bit

"I will think about it, but I will never forgive you if your not being serious!" I feel like he is lying, like he is going to play a prank on us but my life can't get any worse then it is now so I might as well.

"If you guys end up going, the party starts at 9:00, I really hope you go."

"We'll see."

"Okay. Do we have any more classes together?"

We pull out our schedules and see if we do. We have 5 classes together out of 7. This will either be the worst year of my life or possibly the best...it all just depends on Niall and if he is lying or not.

School was good, Niall was finally being nicer to me but I still feel sketchy about the whole thing. Even though Niall is being nice it doesn't matter to everybody else I guess. Every time I walk in the halls I always hear people whispering like I have toilet paper on my shoe or I'm wearing something inside out. I checked and there was nothing wrong with what I wore and no toilet paper on my shoe so it wasn't that. I just brushed it off and kept going.

I got home from school with Aliya and asked my mom if we could go to Niall's party.

"No you may not! Why would you even want to go when he has been nothing but mean to you ever sense he got back from camp, and I have to mention he broke your heart!"

"Mom, I want to go because he started being nicer to me and I want to see if he has really changed or is just doing it to get back at me!"

"I guess that's a pretty good reason....I guess you guys can go but please be careful you know how much I hate to see you hurting."

"I will mom don't worry!"

We go upstairs to get ready for the party I see that it is 8:30 and know that I'm going to be late sense it starts at 9:00. I take a shower, put on my best outfit, put on a little bit of makeup making sure it's not to much, and curl my hair to were it is in perfect ringlets. Aliya does the exact same thing but she straightens her hair. I look at the time and it's 10:00. I guess it's good to be late and not early!

Aliya looks at me and says "Are you sure you really want to go Kate, I mean he hasn't been the person you grew up with for a while."

"I know but he is still one of my best friends, I love him."

"Okay, say he does change and starts liking you again, would you really trust him enough to go out with him?"

"I don't think so, we will be just friends, I really don't want to get hurt again..."

"Alright are you ready to go?"

"Yes, more ready than you know."

"Alright lets go!"

We go downstairs, tell my mom and dad bye, then leave the house.

We walk to Niall's house, he is only a couple houses down from me so it wasn't that bad. I make sure I'm prepared for the worst because I don't want to get hurt again. We walk up the stairs to his front door and ring the bell, Niall opens the door and does something I never thought he would do...