Chapter 13

Warning: mature chappy

Over 4,800 words? Wow, sorry guys. These are getting longer and longer

It was quiet for what felt like hours. Eren didn't know what to say. Levi kept running his fingers up and down Eren's veins, almost like he was double and triple checking that he was alive. If he concentrated enough he could almost feel Levi's fingers shake ever so slightly. Eren finally broke the silence and spoke in a soft voice,

"One person?"

"Lots of people." Levi's voice held no emotion, but it sounded different than his usual monotone. Eren swallowed his worry and tried to speak calmly.

"What happened?"

Levi looked up and made eye contact. "I don't think we should have this conversation right now."

Eren felt a surge of frustration. "Then when? I know nothing about who you are!"

Levi gave him a strong look, "It's best if we keep it that way."

"I'm your boyfriend! I just had to stop you from nearly killing a-"

"He deserved it." Levi growled. "How can you even defend him?"

"I-I'm not defending him." Eren's regained his confidence, "Levi you would have gone to jail. I couldn't let that happen to you. How...how are you not in jail now if you've....?" He yanked his hands out of Levi's grasp and the older glared. Eren's eyes did not waver; they held his usual determination. I have so many questions. Why won't he just tell me?

Levi sat up straighter and growled, "You just got jumped Eren. We don't need to be talking about who I used to be. You need to rest-"

"Well I want to know now." Eren's voice held the same power as Levi's. They continued to stare at one another until Levi let out a sigh.

"I didn't want to tell you...I didn't want you to..." For the second time that day, Levi struggled with what to say.

"Leave?" Eren said softly. "I won't. I won't hate you." He shifted so that he was fully facing Levi on the couch. He winced when he felt his side hurt from the movement. Levi gave him a quizzical look before reaching over and scooping Eren into his lap. His abdomen screeched at him to stop moving. The feeling was replaced with warmth as soon as he was wrapped in the other's arms. He sat sideways and laid his feet out straight in front of him. He looked up and encouraged Levi to speak. The senior gave him a long look.

"Are you sure?"

Eren nodded, "I want to know everything about you."

Levi was quiet for a moment. He rested one hand on Eren's hip where he traced slow circles. He rested his other hand on the younger's thigh. He breathed a deep breath before stating,

"I guess I'll start at the beginning? I came from a really fucked up home. To pinpoint; New York. I told you once about how my dad was gone, and my mom was a crappy-no good drug addict. We didn't have shit."

Eren nodded and thought I can relate.

"Any money we had went towards mom's fuckin' coke. I grew up having to do everything on my own, I guess." Levi rested his chin on top of Eren's head. "Everyone hated me. My mom hated me. The brats at school hated me. I don't blame them-I was an ass. But in like, fifth grade or some shit, Erwin started to talk to me." Levi chuckled dryly, "He was an idiot. He should have just left me alone. But for some reason he wanted to my friend. We were so different too- he was this great successful son of a bitch who was good at everything. His dad was some FBI higher up. And here I was, the screw- up who lived in a shack."