The Single's Train

"Gail, I don't want to go! Did you ever think I might just be okay being single for a awhile!" I screamed at my sister from across the room as she was tossing 'attractive' clothing into my bag

"Yes! I don't want to see you alone for another holiday! You will go to the Single's Train" She said calmly never looking away from my clothes and suit case

I stopped complaining realizing there was no wining this battle. Although irritation swelled through me. I mean real, I haven't seen her all week and when she does come over she barges in raking through all of my clothes telling me I'm going on a train for single people! How does she expect me to be okay with that! Does it even matter to her that my boyfriend of 1 year broke up with me only two weeks ago?

Before I knew it I was getting in the train with my suit case that felt as though it were filled with bricks.

"I swear if she wasn't my sister..."I thought trailing off not knowing how to finish the statement. I was surrounded by people saying good bye to their family or friends and people looking for their assigned car. No one came to say goodbye to me except my sister who was there to drop me off. It wasn't too hard to find my care because it was the first one.

The outside was a metallic pick, with 'I LOVE YOU' and 'JM + KW = Forever' spray painted on the sides. What a bunch of love sick lunatics! Soon I was able to walk into the train car, The walls were the same metallic color as the outside, shockingly the flooring underneath was a bushy carpet. There were round tables  wooden tables and benches around them attached to the ground along with a few couches and a large television. It really was amazing on the inside but the red, pick and purple that colored everything was sickening.

Regardless I walked over to the blood red bench and sat down as others were filing in one by one. All of them looking happier to be here than I. All men trying to act as though  they weren't pushed here by family or a friend. All girls looking nothing but happy, wearing short skirts and V necked shirts that showed far too much. Soon there were 10 people on the train, 5 men and 5 women, I counted.

Oddly enough another man walked in, and the doors shut. He was tall with black hair and shocking emerald eyes, he couldn't be to far from my own age being 18. He was wearing a white t-shirt the showed off his  very muscular chest. and black skinny jeans. He was the only one who was standing up, and he started speaking.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to The Single's Train.You were all sent here by a family member or friend that got sick of seeing you single, so they sent you here. The rules are simple, now that you are on the train no one is allowed outside acsess, you will be on the train until you find a match with someone else on the train, when people begin to run out some people will be moved up a car but you have no need to worry about that because you are the first car. On Monday's, Wednesday, and Fridays there will be a movie night held  in here, on Tuesday and Thursday there will be a game night, and you can choose what to do on Saturdays and Sundays. Dinner is served at 6, Lunch is served at 12 and breakfast is served from 6 to 9. Girls sleep in here and Boys sleep one car back because that one is empty. Thank you for listening, I hope you all have fun on The Singles Train." The guy said in a tenor voice.

The 5 men filed out and on to their car to put their belongings away and the girls did the same, before I closed the cabinet where we are supposed to leave our suit cases in I took my MP3 Player out, soon the guys walked back in and I turned on my music, one of the songs my band called Forever We Are plays started playing, It was called No Happy Ending.

Stop pretending that you are prince charming,

please stop the act it's only demented,

Life is no fairy tale,

Like you have invented,

because in truth,

Life has no happy ending,

I felt a tape on my shoulder, I paused the song and turned to see it was the guy from earlier.

"I was close enough to hear the song your listening to, I'm guessing your not to thrilled to be here?" He asked

"You guessed right." I smirked

"Well sitting here isn't going to help you find someone to help you get off the train. Maybe the guy who gets you out will be your prince charming?"He suggested

"Trust me, none of these guys who look like they are high are going to get me out of here, and there is no prince charming out there for me." I shrugged turning my music back on.

I heard him say something that sounded like "You never know"

"Those sluts over there can have them." I smirked giving a pointed look at a girl who was basically striping for a guy who looked like a gangster want-to-be.

He took an ear bud out of my ear and put it in his own.

"You're different, I like it. My name is Hail." I smiled

"I like your name, mine is Jazz." I stated turning my music up as loud as it would go.