Emilio

"So what's up?" Juliet smiled and tucked a lock of freshly dyed hair behind her ear.

"We gotta talk," I said nervously in my thick Spanish accent.

And I was very nervous.

"Okay?" Her smile dropped a little.

I sat down next to her on the bench facing the whole of LA.
We went on a hike and I decided no was as good a time as ever, Juliet in her flowy white tank top and black leggings with no makeup looking as stunning as always.

I took her hand, "So as you know we've been together for just over a year now and we've faced our fair shares of ups and downs."

"You got that right," she laughed.

I smiled and continued talking. "And I just want you to know I love you a lot. I really, really appreciate you and everything you've put up with."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," she shrugged and flashed me another killer smile.

I fumbled with the box that was hidden in my jacket pocket. "I've already asked your brother and-"

"You talked to Adym?" She asked, obviously surprised as I never really talked to her brother. He was quite intimidating.

"Yeah," I blushed a little.

She nodded and I stood up so my back faced the LA view. "Oh god I'm so nervous. Okay Juliet Rose Noelle, will you- would you consider marrying me?"

Her jaw dropped, I couldn't tell if it was good or bad. She covered her mouth with her hand and silently screamed.

"Holy shit, Emilio really?" She asked enthusiastically.

"Of course."

"Oh my god, yes, yes, yes!" She flashed her pearly whites and I pulled her into a long hug, her head resting on my chest. I put my chin on the top of her head and we stayed like that for a few minutes, but it felt like forever.

"I love you," I whispered to her.

"I love you too," she smiled and nuzzled into my chest before realising from my grip so we could go home and eventually tell everyone the news.

(Not the end of the book, don't worry 💞)