e p i l o u g e - 3 # the london mystery

Epilogue 3:- The London Mystery

Three years, a lot of work, tonnes of caffeine, graduation, many failures, empty pockets and two almost breakups later...

"Hello boss." I said.

"Hey employee." he said back, voice muffled.

"How's London?" I asked.

"Rainy. Poetic."

"How was the meeting?"

"Just as we planned. Your figures did wonders."

"Thank you, Sir. Always my pleasure." I said. An year after med school, I finally had the courage to go after what I want. I changed my majors to business administration and pursued masters in it.

Long story short, ended up working for my boyfriend's firm, as a financial manager. It wasn't really a choice. I used to help him out during the starting years on taxes and other sides of business that he didn't have much idea about. Back when we had not more than thirty employees.

Over the years, we had grown to more than three hundred employees, branches spread all over major cities of US.

I've, so many times requested him to get himself a more experienced manager, but, he doesn't seem to be in a hurry. We're expanding really fast, and I've been a nervous wreak about it.

My ideas seem to work, for now.

Alex had confidence in me. But, then again, Alex was my boyfriend. He had to have some confidence in me. He wasn't thinking how the CEO, Alexander Bishop should think.

"What shall I get you from here?" he asked.

"A sweater saying something quirky." I said randomly.

"Damn it Norah. You can ask me for something expensive. We're long past the broke stage." he said, amused.

"Yeah yeah, my hotshot CEO. I'm waiting for you. Come back soon." I said. It had been almost two weeks. He was in talks with some of his acquaintances, readying things for expansion in the city. I missed him.

"Ah. Did I forget to mention I met Karen at Hatton Garden?" he said.

"Karen? From YouTube?" I asked, trying hard to remember my ex classmate from university.

"Yup, with her fiancé, Crane." he replied.

"Crane? As in Ned Crane? Her head at the office?" I asked, thoroughly amused. I remembered how she hated him during the start of her career.

"Yeah, shopping for rings. You and me are invited for the wedding in July." he said. Ofcourse, Ned would invite Alex. They were good friends. So much so that, once, when Karen became too frustrated with her job and left London to join our company, Alexander had refused to take her in. Just to help out Ned.

"Well, that's great. Can we make it?" I asked, wondering about his schedule.

"I have to, don't I?"

"Yup. You do. So, y'all caught up?" I asked.

"Not really. I had another meeting scheduled and they had to shop more."

"Well great. I'll see you later, yeah?" I said, eyeing my assistant enter the room. Perhaps it was time for another meeting.

"Sure."

"Love you, bye." I said.

"Yeah, you too. Bye." he ended the call.

I walked out, nodding at Rachel and straightened my pencil skirt.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said.

Walking about the long corridor, with Rachel behind me, a thought suddenly held me still. My breath caught in my throat, I motioned for Rachel to go ahead.

I leaned against the wall.

My eyes widened and then shut tightly.

I took a sharp breath.

He met Karen and her fiancé at Hatton Garden street.

Hatton Garden.

The jewellery street of London.

They were shopping for rings.

Alex hated shopping.

What the hell was he doing at the Hatton Garden Street?

***
And that is a wrap people! ;)

Hello everyone.

I'm a bit nostalgic as I write the end of this story.

I'll leave the guesswork to you guys and no, you are not getting another epilogue out of me. I did three, for God's sake. But, as a compensation, I've left something very very exciting for you guys in the next A/N. So, be sure to check it out. ;)

Thank you again.

Loads and loads and loads of love,
SA