Epilogue

I don’t blame Riley for not taking me up on my job offer. Being a decoy is far less prestigious than being the administrator of a major charity. Not to mention she can immediately start paying herself a substantial salary and fund all sorts of humanitarian projects. Like Gavin said, there are lots of organizations, including private schools, who’ll provide matching funds for contributions up to a certain amount. When she makes Gavin’s contribution public, it will be an irresistible story. It’ll open the floodgates, and donor money will fly through the door. She’ll get national exposure for it, and I’m not talking about the photos that have already been purged from the internet. Riley knows a multi-million dollar charity, properly administered, can generate a lifetime of income for her, while allowing her to do good deeds.

I’m not thrilled about my handling of what Dillon calls our pro-porno case. We did some things I’m not proud of, including breaking and entering, theft, and of course, I lied about watching the video, which I have since destroyed. I will say this was a very unique case, and I was emotionally vested in it. Still, I’m very, very sorry for the lies I told, the mistakes I made, and the laws I broke, or caused to be broken. I solemnly promise I won’t break any laws from here on out, now, and forever more.

Of course, I made that very same promise after finishing my last case, too…