Chamber 08

You walked into yet another weird chamber. However, you couldn't get to the other side. A guardrail blocked you from going any further. You looked and saw your friend, The Energy Pellet, bouncing off the wall to the side. You saw a scaffold, unmoving, just above the goo that made up the bottom of most of the chamber. Before you could think properly, the lady came on.

"Please note that we have, yet again, added a consequence for failure."

"Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record, followed by death. Good luck!"

Sinister...

Ignoring her strange warning, you saw where the ball was bouncing. You saw the orange portal just sitting there, aiming to the wall on your right. You looked for another moment and figured it out. You'd need to shoot a blue portal on the wall which the orb was hitting. Then you'd need to launch another one right at the red mark at the wall that the node made.

Easy enough.

You shot the first portal.

Then, quickly, while the pellet still traveled to the wall, you shot your other portal where it was supposed to go. Sure enough, the orb traveled to its final destination: the node. It gave its loud hiss, then the scaffold began to move.

No! Don't leave me!

But it didn't, as you'd soon learn. It was just doing a normal cycle. You shot a blue ball at the portable wall, and stepped through. You were standing on the platform where the orange portal was. 

You waited until the plate hovered back, then you stepped through the orange portal and instantly fell onto the platform.

As you recovered, the A.I. came on.

"Very impressive. Please note that any appearance of danger is only a device to enhance your testing experience."

You frowned.

You pretended you didn't care and stepped into the elevator.