Chamber 16.1

I wanted to split this chamber up into two parts, as you, well, sort of died. But I don't want to say that you really died. BECAUSE WHEN YOU'RE ALMOST 20 CHAPTERS IN YOU DON'T KILL YOUR MAIN CHARACTER. Hence this chapter. (and yes I know it's taken forever SO SORRY)

Your eyes snapped open for the first time.

You were sitting down on the floor of the tube. It wasn't moving, but you still felt queasy.

There wasn't a thought of why you were back in this thing. You just knew that you were alive.

Alive? Wait. I am alive, right?

You knew that you were alive, but you couldn't realize why.

Then you remembered everything.

But you didn't feel any pain.

You looked down, and your jumpsuit was perfectly clean, and you saw no holes in your body. It just didn't make sense that you were still living and breathing.

A few seconds later, the doors opened, and you were back in that same hallway that started the seventeenth chamber.

Picking yourself up, you walked out and entered the turret chamber once again. The android that you had knocked over was still there. It didn't show any signs of waking up anytime soon.

You walked right on past it.

As you turned the corner, you remembered everything. But nothing was there to help you.

All the dark red blood that had oozed out of your body was gone, like someone had cleaned it up. 

You didn't see one of those red lasers, so you cautiously turned the corner.

As you craned your head, you saw that the turret was still wasted.

It was still lying down back-first, and wasn't in any form to shoot you. It seemed safe.

You started to walk forward, not knowing if anymore of those deadly things were still in the room.

The long and foreboding hallway continued to stretch, but then you eventually turned right, where there was another turret waiting. But this time, you were actually in a better position to fight it.

It was standing on top of a little platform, which had some stairs leading up to it. But those portable surfaces were surrounding the little creature.

You could very well sneak up behind it and knock it over.

You shot a blue portal right in front of you.

Quickly glancing a look, you shot a second portal right behind the android.

No bullets fired directly at you.

Well, I'm not dead.

You scrambled on through the opening. You nearly fell over, as the portal you placed was pretty high up.

Fortunately, however, you didn't land right on top of your assailant. You picked yourself up and lightly knocked the turret over with your foot.

Truly enough, it made that same screeching "OW-WO-OWOWOW" and kept spitting bullets at the wall. 

When it was done, and all was calm again, you kept moving on.

As you turned yet another corner of the room, you faced a room of turrets; but you had some shelter this time.

One of those glass panels protected you from the bright room.

You must have been caught in the peripheral vision of one, as the farthest turret started to shoot at you, but the bulletproof glass held.