The Artist's View

After I gave Master Splinter my trust to keep his secret, I went back to the living room and Leo was helping me down the stairs. And in my mind, I didn't know what to do.

"So Brianna, what are you going to do now?" Leo asked me.

"I think I should do my homework. I'm kind of new to that school and I'm still not sure how to do this chemistry assignment."

"Did you say 'chemistry'? You know how much I love that word." The purple clad turtle said.

"Yes. I did." I answered.

"Oh no... Here we go again." Leo responded.

'Hmm... What does Leo mean by 'again'? Did something like this happen?" I thought to myself. I was also curious what Leo meant by that.

"And I'm thinking that you've already met Donnie or also known as Donatello. Did you?"

"Yeah. We've already met. He gave me a few health tests and he told me that I'll be fully healed by the next one or two months."

"Ok. That's a good sign." Leo was happy that I was okay. But he wasn't happy that why the Purple Dragons were going after me.

"So guys... What are your roles in your super secret ninja crew?"

"I'm known as the leader." Leo said.

"I'm the brains of the bunch." Donnie said with diligence.

"I like being the muscle." Raph said it in a moody way.

"And I like being random!" Mikey chimed in. I laughed at him saying that he likes to be a random person. I stopped laughing because my side was hurting me.

"Ow...Ow...Ow...Ow...Ow...!" I was holding my side with my left hand.

"Whoa Brianna, are you ok?" Leo said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"I think you should take it easy there." Raph said.

"Yeah. Thanks for the tip Raph. Hmm... I think I should get started on one of my new homework assignments that I have to do."

"Yeah I think that's a good idea. Hey, I can help you with your homework if you want me to." Donatello insisted.

"Okay Donnie." And he gave me a smile. I crutched away with Donnie by my side until I've just realized that I was forgetting something.

"Umm... Guys? Have you seen my backpack?" I asked the guys.

"Oh yeah, I have it. I carried it after we took you in here. I'll be right back." So Raph went to his room and came back with my backpack.

"Here it is. Man it was heavy for just one teenage girl like you. What kind of stuff do you carry in there, rocks?"

"No..." I said as I was opening my bag. "It's art supplies." I showed it to him.

"Why do you carry art materials with you Brianna?" Donnie asked me.

"Well... Let's just say that I'm an artist." I smiled.

"What! You're an artist! And I thought I was the only one!" Mikey shouted.

"Wait a minute. Are you saying that you're an artist too?"

"Yeah!" He responded. I smiled at Mikey because I was proud that I found somebody that was an artist like me. I was looking through my sketch book to see if any of my art works were ruined, but they were okay.

"Wow... Those masterpieces look great Bre!" Leo said to me.

"Bre?" I asked.

"I mean, if you want to be called that. We can't keep on saying your real name all of the time. So I wanted to call you by your nickname if it is."

"Yeah, that's my nickname from everybody I know. Most of my friends call me Bre Bre. And I have another name, but I don't want to tell you. It's a family name."

"Okay, if you say so." Then he blushed.

"Um... Bre? Can I look through your artwork?" Mikey asked me.

"Yeah! Me too!" Donnie said.

"I think I'll pass." Raph said.

"Come on Raphael, I know you wanna look at them." I said in a sing song mood.

"Fine... I'll just take a peek at your work."

"Thanks Raph." I smiled and he sat on the couch.

"Uhh..." Leo just froze there and I was curious why he wasn't paying attention.

"Hello? Earth to Leonardo!" I shouted.

"Huh? Oh. Uh. Yeah. I would like to see your artwork too." Leo finally responded.

"Okay guys. Let's go in the living room and sit on the couch." Mikey turned off the television and got comfortable on the couch. Leo and Donnie helped me go down the stairs and sat me down on the couch carefully. I put my leg on the table for elevation. They were on the right side of me, Raph and Mikey on the left, and myself in the middle.

*10 minutes later...*

I closed my sketch book finally after showing my new friends all 30 of my best works of art.

"Wow! That was awesome dudette! You've got to teach me how to draw like that!" Mikey said.

"Yeah. From now on I'll give you some art lessons so you can be just like me."

"You are the best art friend I can ever ask for." Mikey said and he hugged me with a smile on his face. I smiled and hugged him back.

"I would have to say Bre, those were the best pieces of art I've ever seen since, well forever." Donnie chuckled.

"Yeah. I agree with what these guys say." Raph responded.

"What did you think Leo?" I asked and he froze. "Leo?"

"Uhh... Yeah. I like those works of art too Brianna." Leo responded in a faded voice.

'Hm... I'm not sure what's going on with Leonardo. I mean he's always growing red and he freezes every time I talk to him. What's going on with him? I think I better keep an eye on him to see what's happening, oh and I better make sure he doesn't do anything crazy.' I was worried about him in my mind.

"Well that's it boys and girl. I think I better get some rest before we head into the patrolling hour. I'll catch up with you guys later." Raphael said and he went to his room.

"Yeah, me too. I'm going to keep on working on a special project for our future missions and patrols." Donnie said.

"Donnie? Don't you ever get tired of... You know... Being called a nerd and working on mechanical things?" I asked.

"Oh no. I never, ever get tired of it. My brothers sometimes call me a nerd. Anyway, if you ever need any help from me, I'll be there as your helper."

"Ok. Thanks Donnie." And he smiled. So Donnie left the living room and went into his lab.

"Hmm... I think I'm gonna crash at my room for pizza dude and dudette." Mikey responded. So he left me and Leo in the living room. Leo was looking at me and I was looking back at him. After a few seconds of silence, I stopped the silence.

"So, what's up Leo?"

"Uh... Nothing much. And you?"

"Nothing much either." I was getting really shy and then my stomach started to growl. Leo was alert.

*growl*

"What was that?" He had his blades out from behind his back.

"I believe that is my stomach saying it's time to eat again." I chuckled. I place my right hand on it and began rubbing it in a circular motion.

"Oh." He chuckled.

"Is there anything you can give me to eat?" I asked.

"Hmm... I'll have to check out the kitchen. Come with me and let's try to find something for that growling stomach of yours." I blushed while coving it with my hands.

"Okay." I responded back to him. So Leo helped me out of the couch and grabbed my crutches. Then I followed him into the kitchen area of his home.