[ fire / lance x reader ]

oneshot: sleepwalking! lance x reader

notes: oof i've finished the oneshot for awhile but I never got around to publishing it lol

word count: 909

----

Fire. The house was engulfed by the bright, red flames. It burned and nipped at his tanned skin, as he desperately ran out of his house. Lance had no clue who or what set his house on fire, but he probably didn't want to know. It all felt so surreal.

He saw the various pictures framed on the walls of his home burn away, the ceiling even caving in at some parts due to the severely intense temperatures. Why no one came to save him? He didn't know. Tears slightly welled up from his eyes before falling from his face, what had happened to [Name]? Once he got some fresh air, he'd go back inside and save you. He'd be sure of it!

Once he made it out, he blacked out. Nothing came after that. Maybe he fell asleep? He didn't know. All he knew that once he woke up, it was cold. Extremely cold. If he had to guess, it'd probably be around 12 degrees. Lance wondered why he was only in his boxer shorts for a moment, before remembering that he had ran out of his house that was on fire.

The cold contrasted greatly from the burning flames in his dream. He didn't know whether to be sad or relieved. His back was sore from sleeping on the concrete, but he got up nonetheless. He turned around to face his humble home, but not a single scratch or burn was bestowed on the house.

His face contorted in confusion, then it hit him. He had been sleepwalking again.

"Lance?!" A worried voice cried out. In the threshold of his front door stood his beloved [Name]. A look of shock was spread throughout your face, causing him to feel guilty.

"Hey, [Name]," He responded as if nothing had happened.

"Oh my god—Lance! Get in here! It's so cold outside, and you're gonna get sick!" You said, as you went outside to drag Lance back inside into the warmth and comfort of your shared home. You threw a cute, star covered blanket over him and made him sit in front of the fireplace.

"You stay right there! The fireplace is on and I'll make hot chocolate," You said, before going into the kitchen.

Lance stared dazed at your retreating form and wondered what he did to be blessed with such a great person such as yourself. After a couple of minutes, you came back with two mugs. You handed one to Lance before sitting down besides him, taking some of his blanket to wrap around your cold form.

"What were you doing outside? Sleepwalking?" You asked him, resting your head against his cold shoulder. "Mhm. I had a nightmare. . ." He trailed before taking a sip of the warm cocoa. You had a feeling he didn't want to worry you so much with his nightare.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" You asked once more. He paused for a moment.

"Well. . . the house, our house, was on fire in my dream and—and I left first, without you. I was gonna come back to save you, I swear! But I passed out when I went outside, and now I feel terrible because I didn't save you."

You felt your heart break a little knowing the truth, so now it was your goal to cheer him up!

"Lance, don't feel bad, I want you to be happy! You couldn't have prevented the fire or your blackout. It was just a dream, even if it does happen, I'm sure you'll save me in the end. You're my hero after all!" You cheered, as your wrapped your arms around him as best you could without knocking off the blanket. Although the blanket did shift, it still covered the two of you.

Lance's lip subconsciously curled upwards into a smile, as he wrapped his arms around you as well.

"You're. . . not mad at me?" He questioned, slightly confused.

"Why would I be? I love you, ya big dork!"

"I love you too, bed head!" He ruffled your hair.

You let out a loud gasp of exasperation as you desperately went to fix it. Lance's laughter echoed out through the room, and in between the fits of laughter, you heard him sneeze. His laughter instantly stopped, as you held your hand over your mouth.

"You have a kitten sneeze, sick boy!" You laughed, a wide smile on your face. "I'm not sick, nor do I have a kitten sneeze! I'll have you know I was top of my class at the Garrison," Lance huffed, obviously embarrassed.

"We all know that Lance, we were in the same class. You beat that Keith kid too," You chirped, still trying to make him feel better. "I sure did! It was great too, Keith got his butt kicked out! It's cool now, I used my awesome skills to become his friend." Lance smirked.

"That's great and all, but let's go sleep. I'm still tired and it's, like, 6 am." You said with a yawn. You stood up, pulling Lance up with you, "A nap sounds nice." Lance grinned and held you in a bridle position, "I agree! I love cuddling with you and I love you!"

Now it was your turn to wonder why you were blessed with such a great boyfriend in your life. No one deserved someone as great as Lance McClain, yet you were dating him. You sighed blissfully in Lance's arms, this was the life.