[ red cheeks / keith x reader ]

oneshot: keith x white paladin! birthday girl! reader

notes: whoops another keith oneshot

word count: 514

----

Keith was walking down the hallway when he saw Hunk frantically run into Lance's room, wrapping paper and a box in hand. Keith furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, just what we're those two doing? He walked into the room, the door sliding open for him.

"Yes! Perfect! [Name] is going to love it, Hunk!" He heard Lance exclaim once he looked at the box's content. "Um, what are you two doing?" Keith questioned. Hunk and Lance nearly had a heart attack, thinking it was you at the door instead of Keith. "Keith! You can't just go snooping into people's room like that!" Lance whined. "Yeah man, not cool," Hunk added on.

Keith rolled his eyes, "You never answered me. What are you guys doing?" Lance looked like he had gone through the five stages of grief in five seconds.

"Are you serious, Keith?!"

"Uh, yeah?"

"Its [Name]'s, your girlfriend's, birthday!"

Hunk gave him a look of disapproval, as Lance shook his head. Keith looked genuinely surprised, even blinking for a moment in realization, "Oh."

"Yeah, "oh". You don't have a gift for her either," Hunk pointed out. "Me and Lance snuck out the other day and went to a space mall to get her something."

An idea struck Keith, "I know what to do." He walked out of the room.

"Oh, man! Just imagine how mad [name] will be once she realizes that her boyfriend doesn't know her own birthday," Lance snorted. "Yeah, I feel sorta bad though," Hunk replied. "Imagine if I forgot your birthday!"

"You won't though because we're best friends," Lance said with a wink. Hunk smiled and winked back.

Keith found himself walking around the castle to find you, and he ended up in you Lion's quarters. You were sitting down on a fluffy blanket besides your lion, talking to her about your life. Keith smiled, you looked so happy and content.

"Happy Birthday, [Name]," He said, sitting besides you. "Thanks, Keith! You remembered my birthday?" You asked, you couldn't recall ever telling him. He gave you a sly smile. "Yup," He said, mimicking the Yupper from Beta Traz. You let out a light laugh. "I got a surprise for you," He said. "But you have to close your eyes." You closed your eyes and waited.

Suddenly you felt the warm sensation of Keith's lips on yours. You opened your bright [eye color] eyes, shocked.

After a couple of more seconds Keith pulled away, his cheeks flustered. Your hands shot up to your your bright red cheeks, trying to find the blush with a dazed smile on your face. The two of you never shared a kiss, as Keith wasn't one for physical romance. You were fine with it though, letting him slowly warm up to you. Now he finally kissed you and damn was it great.

Keith looked away slightly embarrassed. That was his first kiss after all. "Happy Birthday, [Name]," He mumbled once more, his cheeks just as red as your own.

Your lion let out a loud purr, you both had forgotten she was there.

"WHITE!"