[ star-crossed / lance x reader ]

oneshot: lance x homesick! reader

notes: for imprettymuchtrash, who won a drabble and wanted a homesick! reader x lance. I put my own little twist to it though lol enjoy.

word count: 575

----

Lance stared at the stars in the sky, the moons that accompanied them, and the planets so far away that they looked like tiny dots. It was colorful, each celestial body being a different color than the ones that resided besides it.

He turned his head, facing the lone rebel in the tattered clothing. It was quite, just what he was looking for, he left the group for a moment's peace and landed outside besides the mysterious stranger with the flowing cape, sci-fi like clothes, baggy pants, and fearsome mask.

He didn't mind their company, if was quite comforting in a way. Team Voltron had finally discovered Matt Holt and a new weather, and threw a party in celebration. It was getting too much for him to handle, the loud noise, the bright lights, he needed a breather. And so he landed outside besides the comforting stranger.

"Doesn't it get tiring?" You asked softly, a hint of forlorn in your voice. Your voice higher than he expected. "Saving the universe, fighting the Galra, it gets tiring for me. But the feeling I get when I liberate a planet makes it worth it in the end."

He smiled at you, staring at a blue star in the distance. "Yeah, yeah it does. I just want to go home, see my family, tell them I'm not dead, you know. Just one time would be enough, that's all I would need."

"We all want that," You chuckled, "But we don't necessarily get what we want in the end."

Lance rose an eyebrow, "What does that mean?" He asked, curiously.

You paused for a moment, before deciding to tell him. You turned to face him, mask still obscuring your delicate facial features, until you pressed a panel on the side of your helmet, revealing your face to the Guardian Spirit of Water.

Your [Hair color] hair fell out first, cascading around your [skin tone] face, that's what he noticed first. The next thing his blue eyes caught sight of was your [eye color] eyes, hints of the universe's colors being found within your irises. His jaw dropped at the familiar triangular, pastel pink markings under your eyes.

"I want to go back to place that doesn't exist, Altea. I miss it dearly, protect your planet while it's still there," You warned, but he was too shocked to answer. "Zarkon took everything away from us; our planet, our people, our culture, everything. But I'm not giving up without a fight."

"Y-you're Altean?" He stuttered, amazed.

You giggled, humored by his actions, "Yes. I'm full Altean, quite a rare sight, right?" Lance could only nod numbly. "You're funny, little earth man! But there's a warrant for any Altean sent out by Emperor Zarkon, so keep it a secret, 'kay?" You requested, before clicking a panel on the spine of your armor. Soon the mask concealed your face once more.

"I haven't told anyone yet, thanks for listening, Blue Paladin." You started to walk away, "The night is young and the party just started, go enjoy yourself while you can, little earth man."

And so Lance watched the young Altean walk away, splitting their fates into two. Perhaps they would intertwine once more in the future, after they'd freed the universe. But for now the Altean girl with a 10,000 year old legacy on her shoulders was a nameless rebel in the fight against Zarkon, and she was happy with that.