4. The Dixons

"Wake up!" Dean yelled, causing me to jump up at rapid speed.

"What?!" I yelled, causing him to burst into laughter. "You're horrible." I mumbled before grabbing clothes and heading over to the tent to change.

"Mornin' Sammy boy!" I said as I walked back out of the tent and over to the three boys.

"Don't call me that." He said while chuckling.
I just ignored him and looked over to Cas.

"Mornin' sunshine." I said to him, noticing how tired he looked and how he clearly hadn't bothered to fix his hair at all.

"Abby. We've already discussed this. I was not created by the sun..." He started to say in a stern voice but was quickly cut off by a loud scream.

We all raced into the woods where it came from. There was a walker feeding on a dead deer. Lori quickly grabbed Carl. Andrea, Amy, Dean, Sam, Cas, and I all just stand there and stare at it in disgust. Rick, Shane, Glenn, Jim, and Morales all quickly start beating on the walker. I don't understand what the point in that was because it certainly wasn't going to kill it. The men all backed up as Dale swung his axe down, taking off the walkers head.

"It's the first one we've had up here. They never come this far up the mountain." Dale said, a shocked expression on his face.

"Probably running out of food in the city." I said.

I turn around as I hear a branch snap and footsteps approaching. A rather handsome man with a crossbow and an irritated look on his face, walks up to us.

"Son of a bitch. That's my deer! Look at it! All gnawed on by this filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard!" He yells, kicking the walker.

"Calm down, son. That's not helping." Dale tried to tell him.

"What do you know about it, old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to on golden pond? I've been tracking this deer for miles. Gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?" He asked.

"I wouldn't risk that." Shane answered him.

"That's a damn shame. I got some squirrel, about a dozen or so, that'll have to do." The man sighed.

The walkers head started moving and snapping it's jaw.

"C'mon people. What the hell?" He said as he shot the head with an arrow. "It's gotta be the brain. Don't y'all know nothing?" He shook his head, pulled the arrow out, and made his way out of the woods.

"Who was that?" Sam asked Dale.

"That's Daryl Dixon. Merle's brother." Dale explained.

"Who's Merle?" Dean and I asked in unison.

"The guy on the... roof." He trailed off, eyes widening as he realized we had no idea what he was talking about.

"Merle! Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! I got us some squirrel! Let's stew 'em up!" Daryl called out.

"Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you." Shane said to him.

"About what?"

"About Merle. There was a... there was a problem in Atlanta." Shane started.

"He dead?" Daryl asked.

"We're not sure." Shane answered.

"He either is or he ain't!" Daryl yelled.

"No easy way to say this, so I'll just say it." Rick started to talk.

"Who are you?" Daryl asked him.

"Rick Grimes."

"Rick Grimes, you got somethin' you wanna tell me?"

"Your brother was a danger to us all, so I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there." Rick explained.

My jaw literally dropped. I couldn't believe they just left the guy there like that. Sure, I didn't know him, but he was still a person.

I seen Dean and Sam glance at me, they both knew I about was about to flip out. How could they lock a guy on the roof and leave him there to die?

"Oh boy." I heard Dean mumble.

"You handcuffed a guy to the roof! While we were there, too! And you didn't even bother to tell us this! You're just gonna leave him there to rot!? What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled at him. Everybody seemed taken by surprise at my sudden outburst, except for my boys.

Sam, Dean, and Cas were used to this. I always fought hard for whatever I believed was right or wrong. I always held my ground and put up one hell of an argument.

"You can't just leave him there." I said, my voice lowering back down.

"We're not. We're going back for him." Rick told me.

Rick and Shane were in an argument about going back for Merle. Dean and I also arguing.

"I'm going with them to get Merle." I told him.

"No, you aren't." Dean said.

"Excuse me?" I asked him, turning around and crossing my arms.

"You heard me. You're not going." Dean said sternly.

"Didn't think that I needed to ask for your permission, but either way, I'm still going." I said back to him.

"Abby." Dean said, irritation clear in his voice.

"What Dean!?" I yelled, causing everyone to look at me. "You aren't the boss of me! You know that! I'm twenty four years old, I know how to handle myself. We're the Winchesters, we've handled much worse than this." I said to him, my voice getting low enough that only he could hear the end of it.

He just nodded his head and clenched his jaw. "Fine. Go ahead, but one of us are coming with you." Dean said, gesturing to him and Sam.

"Let's go, Cas!" I said, shooting my brothers a smile and heading towards the van.