8. Bit

The old lady led us into an old nursing home. It was pretty obvious that the Vatos were protecting the elderly people there. Rick ended up giving the guys some of the guns and ammo in the bag. We all left and headed back to the van, Glenn with us.

"You've given away half of our guns and ammo." Daryl grumbled.

"Not nearly half." Rick said.

"For what? Bunch of old farts who are gonna die off momentarily anyhow? Seriously, how long you think they got?" Daryl argued as we made our way to the van.

"How long do any of us?" Rick said.

"Oh my God." I mumbled as I noticed the van was gone.

"Where the hell's our van?" Daryl yelled, an irritated look on his face.

"We left it right there. Who would take it?" Glenn questioned.

"Merle."

"He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp." Daryl responded, all of us quickly heading off to the camp.

As we get closer to camp we here a scream, all of us start sprinting. I quickly grab my shotgun as we make our way through the trees. When we get out, we see walkers everywhere, attacking our people.

I immediately start taking shots at the walkers, the rest of the guys following after. We're all shooting guns, stabbing with knives, or swinging baseball bats. Finally, we kill all of the walkers.

Carl is quick to run to Rick and hug him. I quickly turn around and search through the crowd of people for my brothers. Before I can even take a step, Sam has me engulfed in a hug.

"You're okay?" He asked, pulling back to look at my face.

"Yeah, Sam. I'm fine. Where's Dean?" I asked him.

Before he could answer me, another set of arms spun me around and pulled me into another chest. This one being Dean.

"You're never leaving our side again. Got it?" He said sternly.

"Got it." I answered, being fine with the idea of knowing they would be okay.

I turned around to see who had made it out alive. My eyes froze at the sight of Andrea leaning over Amy, who appeared to be dead.

Some of the group started packing up their belongings while others were dragging the bodies away from camp. Andrea was still leaned over Amy. The sun was just rising.

Sam and Dean were loading stuff into the impala and I was taking the tent down.

"Abby. I need to speak to you, privately." Cas said as he approached me.

"Yeah, okay." I said, turning and making my way into the woods, just far enough that the others wouldn't hear us.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I have a problem." He stated.

"Which is?" I encouraged him.

He just let out a sigh and looked to make sure no one could see us, before he turned and lifted the side of his shirt, revealing teeth marks.

"You were bit." I said, my voice coming out in just a whisper. Before I could say anything else I heard someone at the camp yelling about someone being bit.

Cas and I quickly made our way back up to camp, I kept Cas behind me, not knowing what the others would do. To my surprise, they weren't talking about Cas. Jim was also bitten.

All of the guys quickly grab a hold of Jim when he tries to defend himself with a shovel. They finally get his shirt lifted to see a fresh bite mark.

"I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay." Jim kept saying over and over.

Rick, Daryl, Sam, Dean, Dale, and Shane all start discussing what to do with Jim. Cas and I were standing a distance away, listening in on the conversation.

"I say we put a pick axe in his head and the dead girls and be done with it." Daryl suggested.

"Is that what you'd want if it were you?" Shane asked him.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it."

"I hate to say it, I never thought I would, but maybe Daryl's right." Dale said.

"I agree." Dean said, nodding to Dale and Daryl.

I just sighed and tugged Cas away from all of the others in the group. Once we were far enough that no one could hear us, I turned to him.

"Look, this stays between us, got it?" I asked him.

"But what if..." He started to say but I cut him off.

"But nothing Cas. You go and tell them, they'll try to kill you now. Besides, I mean you were an angel, how do you that you're gonna die from this?" I asked him.

"Abby, you know my grace is gone."

"How do you know there isn't just maybe a little left? Just enough to fight this?" I asked him with pleading eyes.

"Okay. This will stay between us."

Later that day, Rick and Shane explained to all of us that we would be heading to the CDC to look for safety and a cure.

Morales told all of us that they were heading to Birmingham to look for the rest of his family. We all said our goodbyes to them before Shane turned his attention to the four of us.

"What about y'all? Y'all gonna stay with us or go your own way?" He asked curiously.

"Depends. Do you want us here?" Sam asked him.

"Yes. Definitely. You guys are a part of the group now." Rick cut in, the others quickly agreeing with him.

"Okay. We're in." Dean confirmed that we would be heading to the CDC with them.