Chapter 6

A/N- First your heart melts at Castiel, but then you burst out laughing when you see Sam's face in the background! 

Please vote, comment, and share this story!!!!!! It would mean a lot. I encourage you to point out any grammar/punctuation errors. I hope you enjoy it!!!!! Please follow me!!

After a peaceful nap, my eyes fluttered openly slowly. 

Checking the time, I realized I had slept for another four hours. 

I couldn't get myself to get out of the bed and venture back to the other people in the bunker. 

Without really realizing it, I spent all day in the room. 

Sam's POV 

Ever since she went back to her room for a nap, she hasn't come out. It's almost midnight now. That means she hasn't eaten all day. 

I was pacing around the library, worried for our new guest. Dean refused to let me go back and check on her. Something about needing to 'process everything on her own', which is stupid. He doesn't realize that she's not like us. While we have learned all of our lives that we aren't supposed to show people our emotions, she grew up like a normal person. She reacts well to physical comforts. A hug, comforting words, a hand running through her hair. The way she reacted to me earlier after she was no longer scared of us is proof to that. I would've sent Cas in to check on her instead, she seems to really like him and he's got that angel power that can make people calm, but he left earlier. Something about heaven needing him. Stupid angels. 

As I was turning around to continue my pacing, I saw Cas appear. I sighed in relief. 

"Oh, Cas. Thank God you're here." 

He tilted his head in confusion and I immediately knew what he was going to say. 

"What does my father have to do with this?" 

I laughed, no longer annoyed with Cas's lack of understanding. 

"Nothing, Cas, it's just an expression." 

He nodded before looking around the room. 

"How's Hope?" 

"That's why I'm glad you're here. She hasn't come out of the room all day and Dean won't let me go back. She hasn't eaten anything." 

He looked worried. I smiled, enjoying Cas having emotion for someone other than Dean. 

"Will you make something? I'll take it back to her." 

I nodded and headed to the kitchen. 

Hope's POV 

It was now a little past midnight and I'm pretty sure that I've sat on every possible surface in this room, every possible way. Including the bathtub in the bathroom that's connected to this room. 

I was currently sitting on the bed again, debating whether or not I should go to bed. I wasn't really tired, but I knew that I should go to bed. 

My thoughts were cut off when there was a small knock on the door and Castiel walked in. I saw the plate of food in his hands which he set on the desk in the room. 

He walked over to the bed and sat next to me. He looked at me for a few seconds and I was suddenly hit with waves of calmness rolling off of him. He was doing it again. I took a few deep breaths as he watched me, just waiting. I hadn't realized just how panicked and worried I still was. 

Once I felt calm, I scooted over to him and laid on his shoulder. His arm slid around my back and his hand rested on my waist. 

Seconds later, a loud growl came from my stomach. I laughed thinking of how Cas was going to react. Instead of wondering what that was, he simply got up, grabbed the plate, and handed it to me. I looked up at him in confusion. 

"Cas, you know what that was?" 

He nodded. 

"Dean's stomach makes that noise all of the time." 

I laughed before taking a spoonful and eating it. I ate the entire plate and Cas took it from me. He disappeared before reappearing seconds later, minus the plate. 

I was quiet for few seconds before speaking the words that haven't left my mind all day. 

"What am I going to do now, Cas? I can't go back to the way things used to be." 

He sat next to me again, his arm wrapping around me naturally. 

"I don't know," he said, "But you can stay here until you figure it out." 

He looked kinda sad, but I couldn't figure out why. 

Everything went silent again, both of us stuck in our thoughts. 

Minutes later, he gently nudged me to get my attention. 

"You should get some sleep."

I nodded and laid down, pulling the covers over me. He stood up and started to head towards the door, but my gut was telling him not go. 

"Cas, where are you going to sleep? Isn't this your bed?" 

He turned back around to look at me. 

"It is, but angels do not require sleep like humans." 

He turned back around, but the feeling only got worse. 

"Will you at least lay with me? I don't want to be alone." 

He stood with his back towards me for a moment before turning around. I watched as he took his trench coat off and folded it carefully before setting it on the desk. He took his shoes off and placed them by the desk as well. He loosened his tie before finally walking over to the bed. 

He sat down awkwardly and then laid down beside me. I could see how tense his body was. I had to hold myself back from laughing. It was too cute. 

I lifted the covers over him and I saw him relax ever so slightly. I knew I couldn't say anything to make him more comfortable, instead, I scooted closer and rested my head on his chest. I wrapped my arm around his waist as well. His body tensed even more but relaxed a few moments later. His arms slowly wrapped around me and I sighed in content, slowly falling asleep. 

To Be Continued...

A/N- Thanks for reading!!!! I hope you liked it! And if you did, maybe you could check out some of my other stories? Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!!!! Let me know what you think!!!!