06

Calum was in the middle of one of his classes, but he wasn't paying much attention. He was too busy texting Danielle. He was trying to figure out when they could go out soon, but she kept saying she was busy when he suggested.

Part of him was frustrated, though he knew that she was a lot busier with school than he was. He just wished she'd make more time for him.

When he finally gave up on Danielle he looked to his left to see Alyssa. He smiled at her, and she smiled back.

Once class was over, he packed up his bag and walked out of the classroom with Alyssa.

"Hey, so, are you still down to study for our test in the library?" Calum asks her as they start walking down the bright school hallway.

"Yeah, for sure. I'm still trying to learn the school, so do you think you'd be able to lead the way?" She chuckles, somewhat embarrassed that she still doesn't know her own college a month in.

Calum laughs, "You think you'd know where you're going by now."

"I know, I'm so awful and finding my way around. At the end of the year I'll probably still have no idea where I'm going." She replies.

The two walk through the crowded halls, the school is always busiest midday. They made their way into the library and found a desk for them to sit at. They both sit and pull their books out onto the wooden table. When Alyssa realized her marble pattern notebook is on the table, she quickly tucks it away in her bag while Calum's busy looking through his books.

"I haven't seen you much this week, how've you been?" Alyssa asks as they sort through their things.

"I've been great, except for the fact nobody has wanted to hang out with me." Calum chuckles.

"I mean, I never got the invite." Alyssa mumbles, smirking as she looks up at Calum.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just talking about my friend Ashton and Da- and yeah. Ashton's been a pain recently." Calum says, stopping himself from saying Danielle.

Calum wasn't sure why he could never bring himself to say Danielle's name. But really, very deep down he knew exactly why. He wouldn't admit it though, not right now.

"Well, if you'd like somebody to hang out with, after this if you'd like to have dinner in the residence cafeteria with me you're more than welcome." She quietly says, nervously looking up at him.

"Yeah. For sure. I mean, Michael might end up coming with us too, but that'd be great." Calum replies, knowing Michael hated getting food alone.

Calum wasn't sure what Alyssa was implying when she was asking him to dinner like that. He didn't mind, but he knew he'd eventually have to bring up Danielle.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Awesome." She smiles.

The two start their studying, but it turns into a lot of joking and giggling. She tried helping him with a writing assignment, and he tried helping her with finance homework but they both couldn't focus.

"Let's just go to dinner." Calum says, closing his books and sliding them into his bag, a slight chuckle leaving his lips.

They then walked to the residence building together. It doesn't take long, and when they both got to the building the pair both flashed their residence ID's to the students at the front desk to let them through the doors.

"I'm gonna go up to my room to put this stuff away, and I need to see if Michael is coming. Wanna come up?" Calum tells her.

"Yeah, come on." She replies.

They head towards the elevators, the two both waiting along with one other person for the elevator to arrive. It felt like they were waiting for forever.

When they finally get to Calum's room, Alyssa waits by the door while Calum gets his stuff done.

Calum knocks on Michael's door, "Michael, hey, you coming to dinner?"

"Yeah, gimme a second." Michael calls, before opening the door a moment later.

"Alright, we ready to go?" Alyssa asks.

Both guys nod, following her as she opens the door.

"How was your one class today?" Calum asks Michael, rolling his eyes at the fact Michael has the best schedule.

"All we did was this small assignment workshop thing. We were done in like, twenty minutes." Michael replies.

"I fucking hate you." Calum mutters, the three getting on the elevator to go down to the main floor.

They get off the elevator, continuing towards the dining hall.

Alyssa wished she could sit with Calum and they could bond over dinner. She wasn't sure why she wanted to spend so much time with Calum, but she did.

They haven't known each other very long, but she was happy to spend time with him. He was one of the closest people she's had here besides her roommate.

Once they're all seated they have a light conversation. Alyssa ended up leaving dinner as soon as she was done. It's not that she didn't enjoy their time she just really wanted to spend time with Calum.

"Dude, I know you have a girlfriend, but, like, Alyssa definitely wants to fuck you." Michael says as he cleans up his and Calum's food.

"No- what? No she doesn't." Calum mutters.

"Obviously she wouldn't do anything with Danielle around, but yeah, she does." Michael replies as they start heading back to their dorm room.

"Uh..."

Michael's eyes widen, "Calum? You didn't tell her, did you? She doesn't know you have a girlfriend?"

"I- I-"

"Are you going to cheat on Danielle?" Michael exclaims as they take the elevator. Calum was glad it was just them two on it.

"No! I would never, I love her! I just... I don't know." Calum tells Michael.

"Oh, I know. You like her! You like Alyssa!" Michael exclaims.

Calum groans, "Dude, shut up! I don't know what's going on. College is weird, okay? It does weird things to you."

__________

thank u to the 10 people probably now reading this I luv u thanks