Don't Even Try - Kageyama Tobio x Reader

You met Kageyama Tobio when you were five years old as you were crying when you got lost.

"I want to go home," you whimpered and continued sobbing, glancing at the unfamiliar part of the town.

You let out a loud scream as you saw a boy about the same age as you, staring at you with dark eyes. "Who are you? What are you doing here alone?" he loudly stated.

This scared you and made you cry even more. He frantically approached you and awkwardly patted your head. "Uh, don't cry, please," he attempted to stop you from crying.

"I wanna go home," you said, muffled cries escaping your lips.

"I'll help you. I'll help you. Don't cry, please," he told you. He couldn't handle seeing a girl cry.

x - x - x

"Bakageyama!" you yelled as you saw your best friend heading towards the gym.

"Y/N," he acknowledged you. "Stop calling me that. I told you to call me Tobio, idiot. It's been years," he said with a death glare directed to you.

You pouted, running towards him and circling your arms around his'. "Awe, you're so easy to tease, Tobio-kun. Live a little," you teased him.

He grumbled and glanced at you. "Shut up. And I told you not to run. What if you trip and get yourself hurt? You're so clumsy. Your mother will kill me," he mumbled grumpily.

"Tobio-kun," you dragged out. "I'm not a kid anymore. Stop treating me like I'm made of glass or something," you reasoned. "I also want to see you practice. You never ever let me see you practice," you pouted at him.

Kageyama rolled his eyes, shifting his gaze away from you. "It's dangerous," he started. "You could get hit by a ball, and there are so many boys there. I'm not letting you enter a room full of hungry wolves let alone stay there long enough for them to know you."

"You're overacting again, Tobio-kun!" you exclaimed. "I'm sure they're not that bad! And besides, I really want to see you practice," you reasoned out.

Kageyama opened his mouth to talk but a loud voice beat him to it.

"Kageyama! Daichi-san is getting mad! Come on!" a loud, bubbly voice echoed from the gym.

"Who is that?" you curiously asked him.

"No one. Go home, Y/N. Your mother is waiting for you," Kageyama said, trying to softly push you away from the gym.

"Kageyama! What are you doing? Who are you talking to?" the loud voice exclaimed, his footsteps signifying that he's getting closer. Kageyama stilled for a second which made you get a chance to break free.

You managed to free yourself as you were faced by an orange-haired boy.

"Hinata, get lost!" Kageyama exclaimed, pulling you closer to him. You failed to notice a small blush appearing on his cheeks.

You were taken aback when Hinata suddenly squealed like a girl. "Is this Y/N-chan?" he exclaimed with wide eyes.

You stepped forward, Kageyama's tight grip on your arm preventing you from making a massive advance. "How do you-"

"Tsukishima! Noya-senpai!"

You were cut off as Hinata ran back inside.