Never Leave - Sugawara Koushi x Reader

"Go, go, Karasuno!" you cheered as you watch the volleyball game of Karasuno versus Date Tech High. The game was so intense that you couldn't help but jump around the whole time.

The game ended by a finishing strike caused by the freak duo. The whole ourt erupted with cheers from all the Karasuno supporters including you.

x - x - x

"Congratulations, everyone!" you exclaimed, running towards them and hugging everyone. "That was so cool! You're all so good. And the quick at the end. Kageyama-kun! Nice toss!" you said, grabbing his hands and jumping around.

Kageyama blushed and offered you a sincere smile. "Ano, thank you, Y/N-senpai," he stated, his face flushing red even more.

"Don't be so formal with me. You make me feel old," you laughed, ruffling his hair. Kageyama smiled at you before shifting his gaze away.

"Okay! Let's go home. Make sure to rest enough to gain your energy back, everyone," Daichi told everyone as he urged them to the direction of the bus. "Y/N, you can come with us on the way home. You're practically part of the team now," he teased you.

"Thank you, Daichi-kun," you said, clinging to the captain. You looked around, looking for your boyfriend, Sugawara Koushi. "Tanaka-kun, have you seen Suga-kun anywhere?" you asked.

Tanaka looked at you. "I think he already went inside the bus right after we left the gym, Y/N-senpai."

"Thanks, Tanaka-kun," you said, flashing him a smile and walking towards the bus. You all proceeded to the bus and you finally saw a flash of Suga from the window before entering. He was gazing softly at the spot you once stood on.

"Suga-kun," you said, approaching him to the back part of the bus.

Your cheerful aura turned around as you saw his lonely face. You suddenly turned concerned about him and sat next to him. You hesitantly reached out to grab his hand, feeling him intertwining his right hand with yours. "Are you okay? What happened?" you softly asked.

He looked at you with a half-hearted smile on his face. "Of course, I am. The team won. Why wouldn't I be okay?" he said before gazing back at the window, away from you. You can see the hint of pain in his words that he tried so hard to hide.

"Sugawara Koushi, stop lying to me. Do you really think you could fool me? Just how long do you think have I known you?" you rambled to him, pouting your lips. "Tell me the truth, Suga-kun. Come on," you persuaded.

Suga sighed and looked at you hesitantly before looking down at your intertwined hands. "I just..." he started. "I feel so useless every time I watch them play a game without me."

"Suga-kun. You're amazing. Don't say tha-"

"No! You don't understand. You don't: he whispered, trying to blink away the tears that are threatening to roll down his cheeks. "Ever since Kageyama came. I know that all the best efforts I can put on practicing will never beat a natural talent like that. And I know that he's amazing and is an excellent setter, and I'm just... me. I feel like everything's being taken away from me, Y/N. I don't hate him. I don't have any grudge against him. I just hate being so weak," he said, sobbing softly. "I just want to be useful to them."

You pulled him into a hug, caressing him softly. You casually looked around and saw that everyone's asleep. Probably tired because of the game.

You turned your attention back to Suga and pulled him even closer. "That's not true at all. You are amazing in your own way and you always boost the team's confidence. You can prove yourself again someday. Just because Kageyama's here doesn't mean they don't need you anymore. You all play a different part for that team. Trust me, they love having you around. We all love you, Suga-kun."

You heard him chuckle halfheartedly before pulling away. You saw tears glistening on his cheeks. "You never fail to amaze me, Y/N. That's probably one of the many reasons I love you so much," he stated before pulling you close and engulfing you into a warm hug.

You pressed your face against his chest, loving the feeling of having him so close to you with his arms wrapped tightly around you as if he's afraid of letting go.

"But I have to admit that it infuriates me whenever Kageyama looks at you longingly. I feel like you'd be taken away from me, too. I mean, he's attractive and he's very talented. What if you realize one day how much better he is? You're the only constant thing I have left. Don't let him take you away, please. I can't lose you. I don't know what I'll do if you suddenly left me," he said, burying his face on your hair and pulling you even closer.

You slowly pulled away a little, keeping him on arm's length. "You'll never lose me, Suga-kun. I promise I'll never leave you," you started. "Well, unless you want me to leave, of course," you continued teasingly, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

A soft smile appeared on his face. "I'd never want you to leave, Y/N. You mean so much to me. I love you," he whispered before pressing a light kiss on your forehead, then at the tip of your nose, and finally capturing your lips with his own. You closed your eyes, savoring the feeling of having his lips pressed to yours, with his hand caressing you cheek.

Your eyes snapped open and you both pulled away as you heard a cough. You saw Kageyama standing quite afar with a troubled look on his face. "We've arrived at the school. We need to leave now. The others have already left," he muttered awkwardly, refusing to look you straight in the eyes.

"Yeah, we'll follow you out, Kageyama-kun. Thank you," you told him and offered him a smile.

Kageyama grimly pursed his lips and nodded before walking off.

"Well, that was awkward," you said and let out a small chuckle.

Suga pulled you close again, resting his forehead against yours, looking longingly straight to your eyes.

"You're pretty touchy today, Suga-kun," you whispered, quietly giggling in the process.

"You'll never leave me, right? You promise?" he asked, a bright tint on his cheeks.

You laughed and caressed his flushed cheeks. "I promise, Suga-kun, I'd never leave you. I love you," you whispered.

"I love you, too, Y/N. And you better hold onto your words, because I sure as hell will," he answered with a determined look on his face.

"Oh, Suga-kun," you started. "What am I supposed to do with you?" you asked jokingly, laughing loudly as you pulled away.

He grabs your wrist and pulled you into a hug again. "Well, your only choices are loving me or loving me. Take your pick," he whispered lowly with a smile on his lips.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" you said with a playful huff.

"No," he said. "You're stuck with me," he replied with a smirk playing on his lips.

"I'm fairly happy with that," you answered.