Chapter Twelve ~ The Anchormen

Jonathan sped away from the hospital towards Lui's penthouse. He needed to pick up a blunt knife before he left to destroy Ohm and Mcquaid. A blunt knife does not work as well as a sharp one, but that's the point. He wanted their deaths to be slow and antagonising. He wanted their skin to rip slowly, their blood to spurt from their filthy veins.

When Evan told him what happened last night, Jon was filled with blind rage. He would not plot their deaths carefully, he needed to slaughter them as soon as possible to see that justice was served. The bloodlust didn't disappear from his mind once Evan was asleep that night, or when he dropped him off at the hospital.

The only problem was that Jonathan didn't know where to start. How common were the names McQuaid and Ohm? That is, until Evan mumbled something:

"Hey, isn't McQuaid the anchorman on that channel? You know, the one with the ugly, yellow intro? Channel five I think."

Jon had whipped out his phone and found the Wikipedia page for Bryce McQuaid. He showed Evan the picture of him and Evan confirmed that it was his body and hair. The article read that Bryce was a reporter until he got promoted to anchorman after his report of the Los Santos Bank robbery by Delirious went viral. Jon had kissed Evan goodbye before walking out in a controlled manner.

Now Jon was rummaging through Lui's knife collection, looking for the biggest, bluntest one possible. Lui was sprawled across his couch.

"Hey you know the guy I'm dating? David? Well, he went searching through my stuff and found my gun stash," Lui shouted out from the other room.

"He's a chill guy from what I remember, he won't do shit about it," Jon yelled back. He finally found it. The knife was long, but the blade was worn out and the grip was worn down. It was Delirious' favourite knife once, and he used it so much that he wore it out and never bothered to sharpen it. Now it would serve him again. Jonathan grinned and walked out of Lui's bedroom to his living room.

"What are you doing anyways, did you find someone to target?" Lui asked, eyeing the knife in his grip. Delirious tucked the knife into his inner jacket pocket.

"No, this is personal," Jon answered darkly.

"Well, are you at least going to tell me who it is?"

"Keep an eye out, you'll see it soon enough." Jonathan turned his back on Lui's confused expression and left. He had business to attend.

***

Jon finally tracked down the exact location of Bryce McQuaid and Ryan O'Wrecker, two anchormen for the Channel Five news. It only took him an hour and a text to Brian to hack the city's security camera system. He was lead to a quaint bookstore on the outskirts of Los Santos. Jon spotted Bryce and Ryan walking up and down the aisles looking for a book they would never get to read.

Their car was at the other end of an alleyway they would have to travel through, so Jon leaned in a doorway to the back of a shop. His mask was slipped over his face. His back faced out into the alley, so he had to look over his right shoulder to see.

The bells of the bookshop door rung, meaning the two anchormen in question had chosen a mediocre novel with a good blurb and departed. Jon listened in to their conversation as they rounded the corner into the alleyway.

"You don't think he'll spill, do you? I mean, if he goes to the police, we can expose him too," one spoke with a campy tone.

"Nah, he won't if he knows what's good for him," a sweeter voice replied. They must be talking about Evan, but what do they mean expose? Evan was just walking down the street when they attacked him. Evan was at his most vulnerable walking by himself in the dark. Delusional idiots.

Jon's grip on his knife tightened, right hand in left pocket. The two men were level with Jon and that's when he decided to strike. Jon took the knife from his pocket and lodged it into Bryce's gut. A surprised grunt fell from the blond's lips. Delirious looked straight into the icy blue eyes of McQuaid as he pulled out the knife and made a cut across his throat shallow enough that it wouldn't kill him. Bryce dropped to the alley ground, making awful choking, gurgling noises.

Delirious pounced on Ryan, his left forearm dug into his broad neck, and the tip of the knife pointing into his belly button. Ryan's face began to change to a purplish red as he was deprived of air. Delirious began to push the knife into the flesh of his stomach, inch by antagonising inch. Ryan was trying to say something, so Delirious pulled his arm back just enough to let a bit of air in.

"Please...please stop, we didn't... didn't do anything... we take it back," he sputtered pathetically. It was music to Jon's ears, it's what they deserve for being thugs and touching Evan. Jonathan leaned in so his mask was pressed up against Ryan's face and the knife was buried in his gut to the hilt.

"Hope it was worth it," Delirious whispered. He started dragging the blade up, skin ripping apart with difficulty from the bluntness of the knife. He avoided the bones, and made his way to Ryan's throat, where he ripped up quickly, sending spurts of blood all over Delirious' clothes. Delirious retracted his arm and the knife, and Ryan dropped to the bloody ground with his eyes wide open, unseeing.

A rough gasping sound echoed around the alleyway, Jon had almost forgotten about McQuaid slowly drowning in his own blood. Delirious crouched next to him.

"Aww," he cooed. He sunk the knife into Bryce's heart, and began tearing the knife down through flesh to start carving the infamous 'D'. Bryce was dead within seconds.

Once he finished carving the D into Bryce, he flipped Ryan over onto his stomach and carved the D into his back. His front was too messy to leave the carving. He left the corpse turned over so when the police found them they would have the shock of the gizzards spilling out of the anchorman's body.

Delirious ran back to his car, he took his shoes off halfway so he wouldn't leave behind bloody footprints. He drove to a nearby abandoned warehouse, owned by Lui as a hideout for straight after crimes. Jonathan stripped off the blood soaked clothes and burned them in a barrel. He redressed into a spare set of clothes form the boot of his car. He also washed the blood off the knife and buried it in the ground in the corner of the warehouse. He couldn't have anyone find that knife.

The nation will loathe him for killing their beloved anchormen.