Act 5

What is the definition of innocents?
For some, it is those who are not guilty of a crime.
What if you aren't found out for that crime?
Say you murder a man, and aren't caught?
By that definition. You're innocent.

But then, what if the crime you're doing isn't called a crime?

Such as war.

People aren't arrested for murder during a war, they're rewarded. So, in war do only innocents die? Or are the men guilty? Let's say they are guilty, what if they killed to defend a family or a child. Are they excused?

In war, innocents die.

Merek was innocent in everyone's eyes, he'd never been arrested nor accused of murder. Merek didn't view it this way. He was as guilty as the men he'd cut down.
Which makes killing easier for him, soon enough in this world once you've been out long enough the world changes you.

No one is innocent.

Merek was surprised when the bard announced to the room that he was looking for men. In a matter of seconds, ten able men had lined up. All had gear, swords, armour the lot.

"Any of you been in a fight?"

A few announced they had or simply put their hands up.

"And as for horses, any of you rode or own a horse?"
One of them put their hand up, incidentally, he was the most armoured one and clearly had the more comfortable sword that didn't seem stolen.

"You, what's your name?"

The man bent his knee.
"I am Sir Tranos Hope".

"Don't bend your knee, Sir, I do not come here as a Lord or a Knight"

"Do ye wanna know our names, Master?"
One of the others bickered.

"Not yet, finish your drinks we will meet in the morning in here, Tranos come here"

The knight moved forward towards Merek, the others went back to their tables.

"What is a Knight doing out here?"

"I heard you were here, everyone back at Kent knows, may I ask what are you doing here? Why the need for us?"

"We're going against The Ancient King, have you ever been in a war?"

"Yes, I have, as for the others. I'm afraid I doubt they'll get very far"

"Wars only require minor skill, most wars are won via numbers and luckily I have sent two envoys out, they will bring back one-hundred and fifty-six trained and fully armed soldiers, maybe even more.
The only thing I'm worried about is these men dying.
If I end up getting men from this region killed, this region will soon enough hate me and I may have even whipped out an entire generation here"

Tranos nodded in agreement.

Experience.
He had experienced, this was clear to Merek.

He studied Tranos, vibrant blue eyes, young and handsome, a well-kept pencil moustache and goatee, blond hair in a neat ponytail.
A Knight.
He had full plate armour on, it was of clear quality clearly not as much as Merek's but would still deflect a thousand swords.