Chapter 21

"Blaaaaaaaake!" My sister yelled in my ear. I think my eardrums exploded. "Where's my phone? Have you seen it?"

"I don't know where your phone is. You might have left it in school or something."

She hurried to her room and started looking for her phone again. I, on the other hand, had my phone. I dialled Laira's number and she quickly picked up the phone.

"Yes Hon?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to sing you a song."

"What song?"

I started humming and then sang, "It took one look and forever laid out in front of me. One smile and I died. Only to be revived by you. There I was thought I had everything figured out. Goes to show how much I know about the way life played out."

She listened to me sing and I continued singing, knowing she's just at the other end of the line listening to my weird voice.

"I take one step away. And I find myself coming back to you. My one and only you."

"I love you, Blake." I heard her sweet voice.

"I love you too, hon." I replied, with a grin on my face.

I sang her different songs and all she did was listen to me and compliment me for my beautiful voice. I know she was just saying that so as not to hurt my feelings, but seriously, I do not have a sweet voice.

I'm a boy and an adam's apple grew inside my neck. When I was young, I thought I swallowed something because something was starting to grow within me. And eventually, it grew into a small lump in my throat.

My voice is a bit high-pitched but Laira doesn't care. She loved my voice. But most of all, she loved me.

We talked over the phone. I love hearing her teeny high-pitched voice. It's like music to my ears. Hearing her stories about her family and about her childhood makes me laugh and say crazy stuff about those. I'm having so much fun talking to her.

***********************************

I stayed in my bed the next day and texted Laira the whole morning. I needed to see her but it was raining outside. My sister took my umbrella because she had to go to her friend's house. They were going to do some sort of project. They were requires to make a small house with little furniture inside. I guess they really need to put on a lot of effort on that project or else, they won't be able to submit it one time.

I tried to find a raincoat. A raincoat is something I could possibly use to get to my girlfriend's house. I have this crazy feeling of wanting to see her right now, at this very moment.

I searched my cabinet. There were socks, briefs, t-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, swearshirts, short-sleeves and all kind of clothes. They were sorted according to the color and not the type. I wanted to make different color combinations with my clothes but usually I end up mixing the wrong colors.

At last, my hand touched rubber. You see, a raincoat is made out of plastic and rubber so that you won't get wet. Well isn't it obvious? It's called raincoat. It's for the rain and it's like a coat.

No, wait, it is a coat.

I put it on. It fited me perfectly. My body is not ready to fight the raindrops! Nothing can hinder me from seeing my beautiful girlfriend. I want to kiss her and be with her right now.

I raced across the street wearing my yellow raincoat. Luckily, I didn't have a red raincoat or esle a lightning might kill me in the middle of the street. A loud thunder startled me and made me halt. I fixed my raincoat because it was already falling off my shoulders, leaving a big part of my sleeve exposed to the rain.

As soon as I reached their house, I climbed up the stairs and rang the doorbell. When I saw her, I kissed her on the lips and put my arms around her. She beamed at me, mesmerized by my hot body. I realized that I was still wearing the raincoat and got her wet.

"Sorry about that." We laughed together. I took it off and let it dry in the bathroom. We sat on the sofa and watched TV. She leaned her head on my shoulder. My arm was around her, making her feel comfortable and safe.

"You are the best boyfriend I have ever had."

"I love you." I gave her a quick kiss on the lips.