Attracted

It was a beautiful summer morning. Birds were singing, the sun was shining brightly and Marinette Dupin-Cheng was laying comfortably under her pink blanket. She was in a deep sleep, completely unaware to everything in the conscious world. Unfortunately, Ladybug and Chat Noir's patrol didn't end until after 1am and she was surely suffering the effects of those late nights. Patrols were usually successful since she and Chat Noir became Paris superhero duo, crimes had dropped substantially. Although the Akuma still posed the biggest problem, it was rare that it happened at night. To her surprise, there had been an attempt on a bank across town but of course both her and Chat stopped those men, it just took a bit longer than expected because the thievius jerks had guns.

"Marinette!" Tiki yelled as she flew up to her wielders face and pressed her little hands up against her cheek.

"Tiki...5 more minutes." She grumbled as she turned the opposite way in hopes of getting more time sleep. She wasn't ready for the day at all. Her body was exhausted and refused to leave the memory foam mattress that held her so well.

Tiki flew over to the the other side of side of the bed and landed on her cheek, trying to get her attention. "Marinette, you have to wake up. It's 8:45. School started almost 15 minutes ago. You're going to-"

Just then the bluenette shot straight up, knocking Tiki back in the process. Her eyes wide and face set in shock. "I'm late!"

"That's what I've been trying to tell you." The little red kwami sighed.

Heading straight for the stairs that lead from her loft bed, Marinette flew down them and quickly stripped from her pajamas,going to her closet and look for her the outfit she would wear today. She pulled out a powder blue pleated A-line skirt, a white three quarter sleeve blouse, pale yellow heels and matching blue coin purse. Going to her dresser, she pulled out white knee high socks and proceeded to dress herself, repeating her mantra of "I'm late! So late." the entire time. She thanked whatever god out there that made her drag her butt in the shower after patrols last night because she certainly did not have enough time to do that as it is. Giving herself a once over in the mirror and noting what a complete mess her hair had become in her sleep, she groaned and roughly finger combed her hair. It wasn't perfect but it would have to do. This was the first time she had deciding against her signature pigtails since she entered high school, she just did not have the time. It had been 2 full year since becoming Ladybug and her hair was a bit more lengthy, the blue-black waves stopping just shy of her waist.

"Hurry Tikki." Marinette opened up her little coin purse for the tiny kwami to fly into and grabbed her white backpack. She hurried over to the trap door in the middle of her floor and quickly descended the stairs to see her parents busy opening up the bakery. Her mother glanced at the blue blur that was her 17 year old daughter rushing into the bathroom to tend to her teeth.

"I'm beginning to think that you like being late for the first day of school, dear. It has happened for the last few years." Sabine shook her head and chuckled when she saw her daughter peeked her head out from the bathroom, blushing and murmuring apologies with the toothbrush still in her mouth. A few moments later she joined her mother and father in the kitchen. Tom offered her the box of macaroons she had specially prepared yesterday evening as well as a croissant for herself, seeing as she wasn't going to slow down to eat a proper meal. His daughter smiled and thanked him before giving both parents a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks papa. I love you both, see you later." With that she was out the door and sprinting to school.

~At school~

Marinette reached the school by 9:02, not bad considering the time she woke up.'But not good either.'Walking into the building, the halls were completely empty which was to be expected. Walking down the hall to the first class of the day, she saw the door was close but peeked into the small window in the middle to see her class in session and boy did she dread walking into the room at this moment. Gathering her courage, the bluenette grasped the handle and cracked the door open, she had planned her great infiltration. 'I'll tip toe into the room, while using the desks as a cover so that I won't get caught.' That lasted all of 4 seconds before the door open and she was greeted with the familiar face of Ms. Bustier, who had a less than surprised look on her face. Marinette gave a nervous, too wide smile. She had been caught.